spay that led to death

• Puppy

spay that led to death

hi everyone, i am extremely new to this community page. i was wondering if any dog owners lost their dogs due to a torn blood vessel during the surgery. sadly, i lost my 8 month old pitbull last night after taking her to get spayed in the morning. autopsy records showed that she was bleeding internally because of a torn blood vessel. i have researched and found that while deaths caused by spays are rare, most are due to the pets' reaction to anesthesia. the doctor that performed the surgery opened her up the second time to locate any bleeding, but ended up just closing her up for me to take her home. this is all hitting our family so fast, that we don't really know whether if we should take this to court.

• Puppy

It's really sad to hear and sorry at this time i didn't know about your problem but tomorrow I will discuss with my friends

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Just saw your post and really don't know what to say.  Sorry for your loss.  Most of the people here have lost a pet and know the pain involved.  

• Gold Top Dog

I too am very sorry for your loss. I think we've all been there.

Any surgical procedure for any living creature has some riskattachedt unfortunately. Some procedures a higher risk, some lower. This is just an unfortunate fact of life. This risk doesn't mean that anyone was careless or negligent. Sometimes stuff just happens and we simply can't know the why of it. I think thats what makes a sudden loss harder to accept.

Again I'm truly sorry for your loss. May she eun happy and free at the Rainbow Bridge.