Using this community - Some of the things you may not have noticed

• Gold Top Dog

Using this community - Some of the things you may not have noticed

Hi everyone

While we continue to update the site, I wanted to just share a few key things that you need to know that are unfortunately not obvious right now with this pre-launch or 'beta' version of the site. Hopefully, knowing this will help you get the most out of this site:

1) If you left click on your avatar/picture at the very top right, then you get access to all of your options on the site, including Account Settings. You can specify all your preferences there, including email preferences and things like use rich formatting.

2) The easiest way to add threads, posts or make replies to forums is accomplished by clicking the 'The Forums' button on the navigation bar. You are then presented with a more standard looking thread view of the forums. 

Jonathan

• Gold Top Dog

Aha, that helps a lot (2),,,thank you!

• Gold Top Dog

No problem.

Also, if you see a '+' sign that means friend someone. Clicking on it means that you send them an invite to follow and friend you. We'll make all these things more obvious, but we're going to try to stop you having to figure all this out if we can.

And, if you miss emoticons, just click use rich formatting and you get the rich text editor.

• Gold Top Dog

A couple more

1) If you type '@' you will see a list of users pop up. This allows you to add them to your posts without having to remember their exact user names'.

2) If you're frustrated that it's hard to follow your most important threads, by all means, favorite them. Look over to the right hand side of any thread page and click on 'Favorite this thread'. You can then view all your favourite threads in one place by clicking on My channel in the navigation bar and then Favorites.

• Gold Top Dog

Thanks for the tips.

• Bronze

Thank you so much for giving this information. I will help a lot.