Flea & Tick Season

• Silver
    Revolution rules ;)

Pareeeee

• Puppy
    I don't like to use any of those on my dog. Most say not to get it on your hands which worries me. I'm into homeopathic remedies with my dog and love a product called Flea Relief by Dr Goodpet. Some of you may have heard of it. I also swear by their Outside Flea Relief, get rid of the fleas so they don't attack you as well! Makes sense to me.
    • Silver
    Well I use them because I'm scared to death of heartworm - and it also stops fleas and ticks.
    • Gold Top Dog
    According to the vets in my area the Frontline is just not working for a ton of people and they are suggesting you try switching to Advantage if its not.  Something about a resistance to it has built up...?  We are having an extra bad season though.
    • Gold Top Dog
    It wasn't really an option on the answers, but I thought I'd jump in and say we don't use anything.  We've owned dogs for 15 years in the same area and have never had a flea in sight, and with two white dogs, ticks are easy to spot.
    • Bronze
    Advantix and Frontline are the best products on the market. I use Advantix myself, but dogs with allergies owners may want to use Advantage. I like the added protection from mosquitos from Advantix.
    • Bronze
    I use advantage myself.  I've never had a problem with them on my animals though.
    • Puppy
    I use some stuff I buy at the dollar store. Ms Chang says it works wonders on her dog.  Though she seems to always have a new dog.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I'm with Donnie,  no chemicals on my boy!  I use a homemade tincture that's made up of essential oils that fleas can't stand the smell of.  I use it on myself as well because it also repels mosquitos!  It smells... good.  I won't say GREAT because it has a touch of Neem in it, which is just foul.
    • Bronze
    [blockquote]On the advice of my vet, I use both Advantage for fleas, a collar for fleas and ticks, and Interceptor for heartworm which is becoming rather prvalent out here.  Next year, I will try something else, this is too expensive and if there is another product which is just as good, but is perhaps organic, thus less dangerous, I will feel much better about using that.
    [/blockquote]
    • Bronze
    My vet recommended Frontline Plus. Hope it works!
    • Puppy
    I'm into Homeopathic remedies and use Flea Relief! It's brilliant at helping dogs cope with the allergic reactions they can get from the bites of fleas and ticks. It also helps repel them but they don't say it does. I also use their Inside and Outiside flea relief. Natural ways of killing those nasty fleas! Haven't had any flea problems this year... yet.

Donnie
    • Silver
    I use Frontline Plus nine months out of the year...I live in Va. I also use Interceptor for heartworms mostly for all the year. I've seen mosquitoes in the winter time!
    • Puppy
    Our Vet has recommended Frontline Plus & so far it seems to be doing a good job of keeping those nasties at bay. We spend a lot of time in the woods walking & camping in state parks so check Dakota often & so far no problems at all.
    • Gold Top Dog
    We've been using Frontline Plus for ticks and fleas and Heartguard for heartworm. Both have worked great UNTIL this month.  Fleas, so I've heard, are terrible. We put the Frontline on the 1st of the month (like we do every month) and found 3 fleas the other day. But, it says it's not supposed to weaken if they have a bath, but we gave her a bath the next day (without thinking) and I think that washed it out since it's worked for 8 years. So, we put another vial on last night and haven't seen any more fleas. I know you're not supposed to so soon, but we'll do it monthly on the 19th from now on.