Two dogs not getting along.

Two dogs not getting along.

• LIKES 1 COMMENTS 1093 VIEWS

I have a 4 yr old female boxer and part time 3 yr old male boxer(my moms dog i watch often), my friend has a 2 yr old female border collie mix and they have all played together with no issues ever. Then my friend adopted a 4 yr old female boxer mix and from the first time we introduced the dogs they didn't along. First meeting my female attacked the new dog, my dog is very social with dogs and humans, goes to doggie daycare, and has never gone after another dog. The second time we had the dogs together my female again tried to attack the boxer mix but I had her on the leash. It has been about 6 months since the last encounter so we tried again. I kept my female on the leash and I had the male boxer with me too. My male was playing with the boarder collie mix and then my friend walked in with her boxer mix on leash still and i had my female on the leash still and almost immediately my male went after my friends dog. 

Is it possible for one dog to give off a scent that the others don't like?  And is there any way to fix this. My friend and I used to run our dogs together twice a week and now we can't. 

Hey, it's way more fun
when you sign up or log in