No leaving pets in the hot heat

• Silver

No leaving pets in the hot heat

Its very upsetting to me when I see animals being left in cars during these hot summer months. Please be on the watch for any negligent behavior concerning this. Help keep those safe who cannot speak for themselves.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/pets_safe_heat_wave.html

• Bronze

it's so upsetting, I can't even believe people do that.. a couple days ago I saw a couple leave their dogs in their truck and were walking into a grocery store, but I noticed that the truck was running and they just locked it with another set of keys.. not sure if that's the safest thing to do (just in case the dogs knock the truck into N or something.. idk maybe i just worry too much), but def better then leaving then in a hot oven!!

• Silver

Yes, it is really unfortunate, hopefully with more awareness, the community will be more proactive in dealing with the heat and their pets.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

If its really hot just leave your pet at home. Even if you leave the car run there is always that chance it could stall out and you would never know it. I always say never take a chance. Thanks for posting the info.