Does your dog bring you positive energy or good luck?

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Does your dog bring you positive energy or good luck?

Has a dog changed your life? 

This is a great story about a rescue that was saved from being put down, then in turn saved a someones life. Marshall is a pit bull who was just in a bad spot, not enough exercise, no training and was surrendered to a shelter because he was just too much dog. Being stuck in a shelter didn't help, his energy was just over the top and he kept getting passed up and found himself on "death row" one of the volunteers stepped up and decided to take on this crazy pup and adopted him just before he was scheduled to be put down. She worked really hard and rehabilitated him with lots of exercise and training, now he is just a wonderful dog. Just last winter an elderly man, confused wandered outside very early in the morning, slipped on the ice and no body could hear him calling for help, it was very cold. Marshall heard him and barked and barked until someone woke up and he brought their attention to the window, thankfully they saw the old man had fallen and they were able to get him help. Funny how that all worked out, thankfully someone stepped to save Marshall otherwise what would have happened to the old man? 

Do you own or know a dog like Marshall? Have you rescued a dog that has saved you in some way? Please share your story with us.

• Silver

Man, that was a great story. I have nothing that special to share, but I know bringing a rescue into my home made my situation a whole lot better. Dealing with a breakup at the time,  I loved the companionship that he brought me when I needed it the most. Plus taking care of a young Beagle kept me preoccupied a lot of the time. He definitely  put me in a better place and I don't know what I would do without him.

• Bronze

I have a friend whose horse stood guard over her when she was injured until help c;ame, and he was a rescue she saved from slaughter..............she always gave him credit for saving her life.

• Silver

My shepard is a rescue and she is the best guard dog but not hostile at all. I would not doubt at all that she appreciates us taking her in and would help whenever needed