Wolf/Dog Hybrids

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Wolf/Dog Hybrids

Do you think they make good pets?

• Gold Top Dog

Of course not.  Most of the wolf/hybrids aren't really wolf/hybrids. They're wolf looking dogs that unscrupulous people sell to ignorant people.  The whole idea of having a wolf hybrid is ridiculous and should be against the law.

• Gold Top Dog

I agree with everything Jackie said.  

Same goes for things like those hybrid cats that are part bengal or ocelot or something.  I know a couple who got two of those and ended up giving them away because they were tearing up their house.  What do you think will happen when you have an animal that is partially "wild" trying to live in a 100% domestic situation?  And don't get me started on the exotic pet trade, either!

• Bronze

I agree with you both, wild animals should be wild. It sad because those wild animals that get purchased then end up dead or in a refuge. Wolf/Dog Hybrids are not like our domestic dogs at all. I don't find it cool, like I said wild animals should be left where they belong. I don't think you can ever take the wild out of a wolf/dog.

• Puppy

I happen to have a neighbor who has a wolf hybrid - he is a wonderful pet, just as loving and protective as any other dog. Of course, his owner takes great care of him and trained him well. Personally, I think it all depends on the owner - not the breed...

• Gold Top Dog

Wolf/hybrids can't be called a breed at this point.  As I said, many people think they own wolfdogs but most are not  actually and that's why it's common to hear people claim how wonderful and loving their so-called wolfdog is.  Allowing, for the sake of discussion, that someone gets their hands on a true dog/wolf hybrid they've contributed to the problem and I do believe it's a problem. Unless they got the animal from a reputable rescue.