What is your dog's name and the story behind it?

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

What is your dog's name and the story behind it?

• Puppy

My dog's name is Artemis... I have always loved mythology, and I wanted her to have an interesting name. Artemis is the Greek goddess of the hunt, and the wilderness, and women. She was tough and smart, a good namesake for my girl!

• Bronze

My dog's name is Morgan, she was named after one of my favorite actors Morgan Freeman, thankfully its a male/female name.

• Silver

My pups name is Miles after THE Miles Davis. Super big fan, and it just hit me as the perfect name for my little guy. Love your dog's  name btw, !

• Puppy

my 9 year old saint Bernard pups name is lightning storm, but we just call her storm. she got that name from the way she storms through the house when she gets excited.

• Gold Top Dog

Rocky was going to be Lucky (cause he was found by a very nice lady in a snow storm)

then we dedcided  he was meant for us.  After we got him home my hubby decided he was Rocky because he used his paws to hug, to box, to get anyones attention.  Just like the boxer in the movies.  Now the trick will be how many of our members are old enough to know what movie I am talking about, lol!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm a huge Dave Matthews fan, Grux got his name from their last album, Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King!

• Gold Top Dog

My son came up with Odie's name. He was reading the book, "The Odyssey". The name comes from "King Odysseus".

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

These are some really fun stories, please tell us your story!

• Silver

Our rescued Morkie's name is Rue I do believe after the Winnie the Pooh character. He is a little guy like a baby kangaroo!

• Gold Top Dog

It took us ages to decide on Ruby's name.  We wanted something short and easy to say or call out, and we wanted it to be fairly "feminine" since she's a pittie mix  who would be facing some prejudices when people met her.  We considered floral names, like Poppy or Lily, but settled on Ruby (sometimes she's a gem, sometimes she's not! )  :-)

• Bronze

My yorkie poos name is Toby, he went without a name for a couple weeks, because we couldn't agree on a name, but then my boyfriends sister said Toby one day.. and it stuck

My doodles name is Busco, after Busco Beach NC (ATV park)

• Puppy

my St Bernard is named chevy because he's as big as my chevy truck. and my husbands a chevy man

• Gold Top Dog

@TracieDent-Johnson
    my St Bernard is named chevy because he's as big as my chevy truck.

Our previous dog was a Bullmastiff, and he was named Tonka because he was built like a truck! 

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Poor Bugsy was nameless for a while, about a week in I was out  on the deck with him and was trying different names, no response to  anything. Then he stopped and started to scratch, I asked him if he had Bugs and he ran to me.. I told DH that was that and his name was Bugs.