RIP Sephie I will miss you so much -Shadowsgin

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

RIP Sephie I will miss you so much -Shadowsgin

I am sure most of you have heard me talk about Sephie, the community guard Donkey that lives in my pasture. It is with great sadness that we wont have Sephie to keep watch anymore. I just received a call from his human that he suffered some kind of seizure and he is gone. I just knew Sephie would outlive us all as he was only a youngster. His human rescued him off the mountain when he was born and his Mom's humans were not home. They were grateful and gave him Sephie. He was a bottle fed baby donkey. His human is very sad today. He had for some reasons escaped yesterday from the pasture. This had only happened 2 times in his lifetime. A neighbor called my hubby because Sephies's human was not home. Hubby found him and he followed Ron;s truck back to his human's pasture until the gate can be fixed. This morning Sephie was ok when his human fed and watered him. A few hours later a neighbor called to say something was wrong. He was gone by the time he got out to him. We don't know why, maybe he got into something he shouldn't. He was just like a big overgrown pet. I would feed and water him and pat his head. He would nuzzle me, eat out of my hand. Ron was slightly intimidated by him but he was so harmless. Sephie you were loved by many, your buddies, Duke and our sweet Shadow, will be waiting to see you cross the bridge. Nuzzle them for me.
    • Gold Top Dog

Awww, I'm so sorry, Ginger.  What a sweet guy he must've been, and his story is special, too.  I've not had much up-close interaction with donkey's but the idea of them makes me smile --- they seem like they'd be silly characters, for some reason.  

His human and everyone else who loved him must be so upset -- to lose a beloved pet so suddenly is so hard.  I'm sure the pasture will seem very empty without him.  But he'll be there in spirit, still watching over all of you.  

Watch over your new friends in the pastures at the Bridge, Sephie.  You will be missed.

• Gold Top Dog

Rest in peace Sephie.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

So sorry to hear, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Aw run free sweet Sephe

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

So sorry to hear. Rest in peace. <3 

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry for those who loved him; run free sweet boy.