In Memory of Bailey 2-23-03

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

In Memory of Bailey 2-23-03

My girl Bailey was a true ambassador for her breed and she is missed by so many, even today after her being gone for almost 4 years I still have trouble looking at pictures of her. Bailey was a therapy dog and truly love people and children so much. She was a huge part of my life and added so much to it. I don't think I would be who I am today without having her in my life. I love her so much and miss her terribly. A small piece of my heart is always with her and I know she watches over me. I miss you, Bug

This is Bailey doing her favorite thing. Hanging with children.

Bailey just taking it easy after a long day of fun

• Gold Top Dog

You never really stop missing them.  She was a beauty, inside and out.  Sending you comforting thoughts.  

• Gold Top Dog

Bailey was a beautiful girl . . . I love those photos.  The grief may soften over time, but it never goes away entirely.  We lost our beloved Bullmastiff 8 years ago (even typing that number seems impossible), and yet I still have pangs of grief that catch me off guard.

On a happier note, the photo of Bailey with the kids reminds me of one of my favorite memories of our Tonka.  Our neighbor (aged 5 at the time) wanted to bring him to show and tell in her pre-school, so we brought him.  Seeing him surrounded by the kids showering him with affection made my heart melt!

• Gold Top Dog
    ((Michelle)) It is hard for me to believe that Shadow has been gone 6 years. He was much like your Bailey...so eager to please, loved by all that met him. It is so wonderful that she was able to show that it is not the breed, that this breed is so sweet and loving. We would take him with us everywhere and it broke our heart when his favorite lake spot said he couldn't come back due to the new insurance policy...(: Shadow taught us so much more than we could ever have taught him. We only had him for 4 years and we both believe that he was supposed to be ours so that he could teach us how to be the best pet parents. Your heart and our heart was both filled with love for a Rottie.