Old Man Dipstick

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

Old Man Dipstick

We helped Dipstick across yesterday after a week of his owner not sure, she finally realised that this was best. His last day with us was filled with all the pasta he could eat, trip to the beach for rock fishing (which he wasn't allowed to do for many years due to him shattering his front teeth as a puppy). Many pictures were taken that day. After he passed, his owner looked at me and said "This feels right" so I know we did the right thing. He lived to be 20, was loyal to the end and true to nature, gassed us out. LOL
    • Gold Top Dog

Bless his heart, may he rest in peace.

• Gold Top Dog

Run free, sweet old doggie.

• Gold Top Dog

Aw, Dipstick you were loved. 20 years my goodness!  Run happy and young again at RB sweet boy.

• Gold Top Dog
    Run free, sweet Dipstick and hugs for all your humans.
    • Gold Top Dog

Dipstick -- now you can do as you please!! That Meadow is an awesome place -- ENJOY Dipstick!!

You made me chuckle -- when we helped Ms. Socks across Rainbow Bridge -- she had been incontinent the entire 6+ years we had her (from her age 10 1/2 to 16 1/2) ... As they pass the muscles all 'relax' .. and Socks left behind a vertiable POND of urine. I looked at DAvid and smiled and said "Socks would have said she was NOT going over the Bridge "trying to hold it" and she won't need continence pads ANY more!!"

I'm glad his owner felt peaceful about it -- that's a wonderful gift.
    • Gold Top Dog

I had to laugh under my breathe when he farted cuz the vet actually checked to see if there was a mess... And as she was checking, he peed on her. 

I saw the owner today and she looks good. Everyone is taking it well so I know that it was the right thing to do. But he fought that sedative! Kept twitching and kicking. He had this one spot on his ribs that if you touched it, he'd scratch. And while under the sedative, Angel (owner) touched that spot and he scratched! LOL

• Gold Top Dog
    Rest easy now Dipstick, sweet boy.  Wow, 20 years is amazing.  What a blessing to have a dog with you that long.  I'm glad his owner is feeling comfortable with the decision.  It's so hard.
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh Dipstick!! Run free and far and rock hunt all you want sweet boy!!

• Gold Top Dog
    Run free, Dipstick!

Show all those others waiting what rock hunting is all about.

• Gold Top Dog

Run Free you sweet old man.

It's going to be very hard for the owner to adjust to life without him, especially after having him for 20 years. It sounds like she's been taking it well though.