RIP Cousin D (shadowsgin)

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

RIP Cousin D (shadowsgin)

My hubby's cousin was killed tragically last week due to a senseless domestic situation. 

I wanted to post this at the Bridge because I know this is where she is. 

Cousin D was only 49 years old, not married, no children of her own but helped raise and take care of many 4 legged friends in her small town in Oklahoma.  For more than 20 years she dedicated her love for animals by serving the Small animal hospital and in recent years split her time between the love of furr babies and the love of children by serving both that had fallen on unfortunate times.

Cousin D , you were loved by many and will be missed by many, but in my heart I know when you crossed that bridge all the animals were there cheering for your arrival and reminising of the good times and friends that you have all left behind.  Celebrating the renewal  old friendships and looking forward to the new ones to come. 

Till we meet again give love and smooches to those that have gone before, tell Shadow we are fine and he picked a good little Lab for us to share our lives with. 

RIP cuz..I know if there is social networking at the Bridge you will soon be in charge :)

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm so sorry to hear of her death and at such a young age.  I'm sure it's been a huge shock to everyone.  Surely she's at the bridge and giving all the animals there her special love and attention.  I'm sending my strongest comfort vibes to all who loved her.
    • Gold Top Dog

Ginger, I'm so very sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your cousin.  I can't imagine the grief of losing someone to an act of violence (I'm assuming that's what you meant by a domestic situation).  I hope you're all feeling supported by the thoughts and prayers of others.

She sounds like a very special person.  I hope it brings some comfort to think of her being surrounded by all the animals she touched in her life.  May you feel her spirit and energy in the animals around you.  She'll always be part of your life, even if not in a physical sense.

My sympathy to you, your husband, and everyone who mourns her passing.

• Gold Top Dog

I am so sorry to read about your cousin's passing at such a young age. It sounds like she really contributed a lot of the animals and children who were in need. I imagine a huge welcoming committee at the Bridge for her.  

• Gold Top Dog

How sad for all of you.

This tribute is lovely, it really gives us some insight into Cousin D, her love for animals, and your choosing to post this in the Bridge threads.  She was one of the helpers, helping animals and children, and they always get special welcomes at RB.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry. What a horrible tragedy. Sad

It is comforting to think about the bridge reunion, though!

• Gold Top Dog
    How terrible but how sweet of you to remember her here. Rip cousin d.
    • Gold Top Dog
    How sad. My condolences. Cousin D, say hi to Brown for me. RIP.
    • Gold Top Dog

Ginger, I'm really sorry about the loss of your cousin.  It sounds like she was a very special and wonderful person.  Losing someone to an act of violence always seems so senseless to me. You made a beautiful tribute to her.

Joyce

• Gold Top Dog

Ginger I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a very special person who will be missed by many furry critters and many people as well. It was a very special tribute to her that you posted here.

My thoughts go out to you.

• Gold Top Dog

((((( Ginger )))))

Deb W.

• Gold Top Dog
    Oh Ginger, how very sad. Thank you *so* much for sharing her with us. We *all* know the very special welcome that "rescuers" get when they cross the Bridge - may that comfort you & those who loved her at this time. (((hugs)))
    • Gold Top Dog

((((Ginger))))

• Gold Top Dog
    I'm so sorry for your loss Ginger. She sounds like a wonderful woman and it gives me comfort to know that she is now looking over all of fur kids. Rest easy cousin D.
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Just seeing this........how very sad!

Loads of hugs Gin and 

cakana
    it gives me comfort to know that she is now looking over all of fur kids. Rest easy cousin D.