Is it just me or is lis4kids1pup

• Gold Top Dog

Is it just me or is lis4kids1pup

completely unable to stick to a decision? I mean every couple days it's a new dog or puppy she is getting. This last ES puppy...I mean that sounded like a great option. But now she is surfing CL again for potentially blind and deaf puppies because they are cheap? I am sorry that is irritating. If money is that big an issue perhaps waiting for a better time for a PROPERLY bred dog, or a properly vetted rescue is a better option?

I said something...couldn't help it. Tried to be diplomatic but she is really pushing my buttons.

• Gold Top Dog

she is a bit defensive I would say...wonder why that is exactly?

• Gold Top Dog

I'd agree that if you can't afford the cost of a well-bred, healthy pup then the option isn't to go for one that's less well-bred and healthy...after all, what you don't spend on purchase you'll spend in vet costs, right?  Not looking down in any way on people who can't afford it, times are tough for many ATM but it's important to be realistic about things. 

Then again, in 3 weeks I'm spending $1600 on a Maremma puppy so, er, clearly I'm insane LOL.

Maybe she's defensive because she knows she shouldn't be browsing CL for a pet....

• Gold Top Dog

Ya think? LOL....I mean in her other post she says a bunch of expenses have come up and so they couldnt afford the well bred ES puppy...but hey GREAT time to get a "free dog" on CL. :eyeroll:

• Gold Top Dog

I did like your comments to her, maybe just maybe you've made her think. 

She's saying she doesn't think that shelters are in it for the right reasons because they charge a bunch, I have no doubt that's true of some, maybe many of them but at the same time they need to finance their own running costs, heating bills etc.  I dunno, everything is so different here price-wise it's hard for me to make comparisons.  

• Gold Top Dog

she's full of it. City run shelters rarely and I mean RARELY charge over $75 to adopt a pup. Now privately run rescues? Sure...but the City Shelters are typically between $25-75 depending on the animal, it's age, and health.

• Gold Top Dog

OK...then..yeah...there's some other issue at play.  Wanting to be able to say it came from a breeder or something.  Very odd. 

• Gold Top Dog

being someone who's placed pups before I know her exact type. They are commitment phobes. They string you along and you think all is great but the whole time they've commited to you they're out looking at free ads and such and a week or two later they email and say "we found something else" and yeah....she strikes me as that.

They want the quality and in theory they know better, but they cannot wait, or cannot pay what they think they can, or they get cold feet, or cannot pass up those puppies at Walmart, or myriad other reasons...they change their minds about 20 times before settling on a dog that's typically 360 degrees different from what they told you they wanted lol.

Whatchagonnado?

• Gold Top Dog

it took me a bit to figure out what thread we are talking about here -- yes. It makes no sense and she is *very* defensive. I have no idea why she's looking for approval from us for her to take a "rescue" otherwise known as a BYB dog.  Good grief.

very irritating.

I'm sad to see what you said about commitment-phobes, i bet you deal with it a lot as a breeder (well, to a certain extent). I've already seen it in some of the rescue work I've done.  People just "cannot wait!!" to get this dog they have put an app in on and before you can even get out there for a home check they are calling saying "nevermind!... " Grr. 

• Bronze

Cutting Tape and Fabric: Electrician's scissors can be handy for cutting electrical tape, fabric, and other materials commonly used in electrical installations. adamtoolsmart.com/best-power-screwdriver

• Bronze

The topic of animals and dogs is very close to me. As a medical student, I often encountered this, since this area includes not only caring for people, but also animals. Now my main focus is on completing my nursing assignments. These reviews have proven to be quite helpful in this regard www.nursingpaper.com/testimonials I discovered a reliable source, so their opinion is authoritative for me.