what do you think she is?

• Bronze

what do you think she is?

Hey hey,

My wife and I brought Bubbles home from the pound about 4 months ago.  We think she's about 7 or 8 weeks old.  we were told she is a Black lab at the pound and she looked the part when she was younger.  Early on her ears started to stick up and even more recently her tail began to curl.  I'm very curious what she might be.  She's awesome! Very playful and energetic. 

Anyway, now at about 7 months, she's only 30 lbs or so.  Not sure what to think.  I hope the below link works.  I'll try to post more pics if this one works.  If not I thin I'll have to give up.  Sigh... computers hate me

bubbles

• Gold Top Dog

this link is to an email? Where are your pics hosted? Someplace like Photobucket or Flickr typically works best, here.

• Bronze

Hm, I suppose it would make sense not to use an email account to post a public photo.  Anyway looks like it's working.  Here's Bubbles.  I would really love to  hear what she may be.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3498/3859901674_75729e20b8.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41849533@N05/3859102013/

• Gold Top Dog

very shiny Smile

My guess on this one will be BC/Pit Bull...or more exotically...BC/Basenji/Pit

• Gold Top Dog

Hmmm, I don't know, but I think she resembles my Finn a bit (those ears and tail).

Here he is at 4 months when I brought him home:

The shelter said he was lab/GSD, however now at 6 months he is only about 36 lbs. so my guess is some smaller breeds.

• Gold Top Dog

bobbybob

In that picture it looks like she has a slight "roman" nose.  That and her ears make me think she might have some Bull Terrier in her.  There could be some Lab there, too, but I'm not totaly sold on that.  There is also something kind of Shepherdie about her.  Don't be too confused about her tail- I've seen pure bred Labs, Goldens and GSDs with a curl in their tail.  She's a beautiful girl.  She looks like she's a lot of fun.

Bull Terrier standard: http://www.akc.org/breeds/bull_terrier/index.cfm

• Gold Top Dog

She looks like a MBDxVC.  That's a Medium Black Dog mixed with Very Cute!   Something says shepherd in there (those ears) and of course could be Lab in there too.  I'm not good at breed guesses but she sure is a cutie and sounds like a fun pup.

• Gold Top Dog

The tail curving over the back can happen in sheperds and its called a "gay" tail. My first thought was Bull Terrier.

• Gold Top Dog

Looks like a multi-generation mix (a "prototype" dog) to me.

• Bronze

Yeah I suppose you're right. If any thing, I learned she is surely not a lab.  The fact that many responses did not even consider lab as a possibility in the mix is very telling to me as a non dog expert kind of guy.

Guess I got duped into this cutie by the pound.  I really wish I got her sister now looking back at it.  I'm unlikely to find another one of these again.

• Gold Top Dog

bobbybob
    Guess I got duped into this cutie by the pound.  I really wish I got her sister now looking back at it.

Ummm, not sure what you mean by this...

But...shelters and pounds are pretty much gonna call any black dog a Lab mix. 

It really doesn't matter what breed mixes our mutts are, just as they don't care what we are made up of.  I have an idea what my boys are composed of, but it doesn't matter to me.  All I know is that they are happy, healthy dogs, they make my life complete, and I hope they feel the same way about me.

• Bronze
    oh, I meant duped lovingly.  lol computer's don't translate my humor well.  I was saying I wish I had got her sister as well because we were looking for a companion and I wanted a like dog.  I really wish I picked up her sister when I got the chance as bubbles is super awesome!
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh, good!  I was hoping that's what you meant. Big Smile

• Gold Top Dog

micksmom

In that picture it looks like she has a slight "roman" nose.

If you look closely, I think that's her rump. Big Smile

She's a cutie, though!

• Gold Top Dog

janobonano

micksmom

In that picture it looks like she has a slight "roman" nose.

If you look closely, I think that's her rump. Big Smile

She's a cutie, though!

LOL  I actually meant the top of her muzzle.  I see what you mean about her rump, tho- but what I'm seeing as her rump makes her look "cheeky".  I'm with you- she's a cutie.