Anyone know anything about Anatolian Shepherds?

• Gold Top Dog
    IT looks like she might be an Anatolian . . .and . . . I'm not sure about the Rottie, maybe something else.

I've seen Anatolian crosses that picked up recessive colors (such as B black), so they must carry some recessives (ie, e instead of being homozygously EE).  They are extremely popular as guard dogs throughout the south and southwest, and very popular to cross into heavier coated breeds to create more easy care dogs.  I'd like a cross or purebred as my next guard dog pup.

They are more independant-minded and somewhat more aggressive, naturally, than the "white" dogs - Pyr, Maremma, Akbash, Kuvasz - but not as much as the Komondor or Tatras.  Since my male has actually been wounded in battles here a couple of times, I'm looking for a dog with a little more "oomph" next time, than his current backup, my gentle Pyr/Maremma cross female.
    • Gold Top Dog
    The first pic, the dog sitting, shows a "noggin" at the top of his head.  Peanut has that, and that "smile" when the mouth is open, she does the same thing.  The eyes, that stare feels like it's going right thru you, she does that.  Her eyes were what struck me when I first saw her at the HS.

She'll never be as enormous as the dog in these pics, but even for her size, she can be imposing.  Perhaps people show some fear toward her because of the rotti color pattern.  The rotti's (along with others) have gotten a bad rap, so that may be it.  One man at the park asked me what she was & I told him we thot she was an Anatolian Shepherd/Rottweiler mix.  His response was "Anatolian!  You've got the best guardian on the planet."  Yes, I feel she's a terrific guardian.

BTW, love those pics.  Gorgeous dog!