Favorite attribute of breeds.

• Gold Top Dog

Favorite attribute of breeds.

Ok, I was thinking about specific breeds and how most people are drawn to specific characteristics on those breed. Like huskies people like their eyes, and those big fluffy tails.  people normally find any herding dogs body structure and posture the best attributes.
    I figured I'd ask about Pibbles, as they've been on my mind constantly today.
     To me, the best attributes to pitty's ( that are well bred by reput. breeders)  is their big pibble smiles and those big cute blocky heads. I also love how lean and muscular and beautiful their bodies are.
    In huskies, i love their eyes, and the many different color variations of their fur. That can be said for many dog breeds.

So what do you think are the best attributes to your favorite breeds?
    • Gold Top Dog
    I love Parsons' small size and big attitude.  They have unique markings, lots of different coats, muscular, and sturdy.  They are small, but still strong enough that I don't have to worry about breaking them.  I know a Brussels Griffon that got a bone broken when his foot was stepped on.  Too delicate for me!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I love sighthounds for several reasons, the two most prominent being their independence and their elegance.
    • Puppy
    I love most hounds for their independence (I'm not a big fan of velcro dogs) and, with the scent ones, the floppy ears.
    • Silver
    I agree with Xerxes!  Just want to add - I also love the sighthounds ability to be  clowns and make you laugh, I love how quickly they learn things. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    Papillons have the most gorgeous ears.

But my favorite attribute is their HUGE personality and intelligence. 
    • Gold Top Dog
    With all of the other hound lovers, I love their independence. I love my velcro hound mix but sometimes he just aggravates me to no end with his neediness. Marlowe my pure hound is so self-contained and self-posessed, I love his attitude towards life.

And yeah the ears!
    • Gold Top Dog
    My favorite thing about Irish Setters is definitely the personality...just truly amazing.

As far as physical attributes, I love their head structure, rich color, and tail! I love the feathering on the tail - I'm always 'messing' with Cadie's because it's so soft and pretty.

I love everything about them though. [:D]

ETA: there's more lol...I love to watch when Cadie sees a rabbit, or Riley a bird, because they become so fixated upon that animal and I can see the intensity in them.
    • Gold Top Dog
    german shepherd- extreme loyalness (if that's a word), and intelligence
    rhodesian ridgeback-affection, beauty
    doberman-graceful, silly
    • Gold Top Dog
    Cardigans - I love their personalities- the stubbornness, the individuality, and the drive to DO something. I love that they're up for anything you are- walking, running, or just hanging out on the sofa. They're adaptable, clever dogs with a great sense of humor. They'er cute, too. :P I think all the breeds I like appeal to me physically, and most of them have common attributes- prick or semi-prick ears (except poodles), moderate to heavy coat (except greyhounds) and most (but not all of them) are herding or working breeds.

Collies - I love how devoted collies are. A collie makes you feel like YOU are the most important person to him or her in the world. Sometimes corgis make you feel like a human canopener. Collies, I am pretty sure, love you back- but they're still very much their own dogs. Labs love EVERYONE. Collies make you feel like they picked you out specially, even if they do love everyone. :P  Collie people are fantastic, too. :)

German Spitz and American Eskimos- two different breeds that I like for the same reasons. I like the spitzy personality toned down a bit into a dog with a bit more desire to please and a love of learning tricks. I *love* the coat, and I tihnk their faces are just darling. They're also a great size for me to show.

I'm not going to list the rest of the breeds that I really love and why I love them, because it will take forever. Basically? I love most breeds and most dogs, even if they're not dogs I'd own for myself! :P
    • Gold Top Dog
    Australian Shepherds:
     I LOVE velcro dogs! Aussies are eager, observant, intelligent, extremely affectionate.

Physically, I think the color varietions in the coat & eyes make them pretty appealing.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I love Dobermans for many reasons.  I love their ability/willingness to learn.  I love their sense of humor that they usually reserve for only their closest people.  I love that they are very sensitive to their surroundings.  All in all, I love those velcro dogs.
    • Gold Top Dog
    I love how quiet huskies are most of the time. They don't bark, and they're generally not territorial or protective. I spent most of the day with a friend and her GSD who barked at everything. Every time he did, it shattered my nerves! I'm sooo not used to that!

Conversely, I love how they howl. Around, howl sessions don't happen enough IMO.

I love how happy and friendly they are. Mine would gladly welcome any human or dog into our home.

I love how silly they are. My dogs aways make me laugh and cheer me up.

Physically, I like how alert and perky they look. I like their curly tails and prick ears. I like their plush fur and the variety in their markings. I love their white feet!
    • Gold Top Dog

ORIGINAL: Ihearthuskybutts

I love how quiet huskies are most of the time. They don't bark, and they're generally not territorial or protective. I spent most of the day with a friend and her GSD who barked at everything. Every time he did, it shattered my nerves! I'm sooo not used to that!

Conversely, I love how they howl. Around, howl sessions don't happen enough IMO.

I love how happy and friendly they are. Mine would gladly welcome any human or dog into our home.

I love how silly they are. My dogs aways make me laugh and cheer me up.

Physically, I like how alert and perky they look. I like their curly tails and prick ears. I like their plush fur and the variety in their markings. I love their white feet!

Wow! I couldnt have said it better myself! I feel the same for my huskies and huskies in general.
    I love how they are always ready to make you happy and cuddle up beside you when ever your sick or just feeling down.
    They always look so happy and ready to explore the world!
    • Puppy
    ORIGINAL: BEVOLASVEGAS

I love Dobermans for many reasons.  I love their ability/willingness to learn.  I love their sense of humor that they usually reserve for only their closest people.  I love that they are very sensitive to their surroundings.  All in all, I love those velcro dogs.

Yeah! A Dobie lover here. I love doberman as well and also for many many reason.

First reason, they are black (Fav color is black) - Not really my first reason. They are
    such darling dogs! Alert and always on the ball to get things check out and done. They
    may look fierce but in fact they are not... Bevolasvegas, I think you know what I mean,
    they are just so lovely yet couragours looking.

Not forgeting I have 2 lovely shelties as well, Love them because of their Glamourous
    coat and beautiful half erect ear set.