what breed do you think she is.. *picture heavy*

• Gold Top Dog

what breed do you think she is.. *picture heavy*

Just out of curiosity I was wondering what breed everyone thought Evangeline was. The Rescue Society said American Eskimo X Australian Cattle dog, but I can't help but think she kinda look like a white GSD cross.

Here's a picture of Evangeline's mom:

And here's some pictures of Evangeline:

So what do you all think?
    • Gold Top Dog
    If you hadn't posted pictures of her dam, I too would have voted for white GSD. It still could be, but her mother looks to be part Golden Retriever to my eyes. How big is your beautiful girl?
    • Gold Top Dog
    Mom looks almost Pyr to me...Pyr cross. Were her ears carried erect?
    • Gold Top Dog
    According to my scale she is about 23.4lbs, and I measured her from bottom of her feet to top of her back and I got 1ft 5inches roughly. I'm not to sure what you mean rw, but her ears are usually erect (I don't know much about Evangeline's mom, just what the ladies at the Rescue society told me, and these pictures of her on there site).[:)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    The mom looks like a Great Pyrenees mix and your girl looks very much like a GSD. So I would say Great Pyr/GSD/something else (whatever else the mom is mixed with).
    • Gold Top Dog
    I see a northern breed in that face. So I'd say Great Pyr with maybe a husky or mal.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Maybe even Sammy eh? I see a bit of a smile on the pup.
    • Silver
    I thought GSD x Husky but I'm no expert.
    • Gold Top Dog
    After seeing the mom, I don't really see Eskie or ACD.  The white could come from the mom, who looks Pyr or Pyr mix.  Maybe the shorter coat, smaller size, and erect ears come from the dad.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Wow alot of interesting answers I never would have thought of! The Rescue Society said they do get alot of Pyr's & Pyr mixes so that could be a possibility. Never really dawned on me till now lol. Also I never would have thought of husky or malamute either! I really don't think she is ACD/ American Eskimo, I would have to agree she looks more like a GSD/ Husky cross. If she does have GSD & husky/ mal in her is there any specific things I have to be aware of with the breeds (like any training things or behavioral things I should be aware of)?  She is very sweet girl, shes in my favorite stage right now..she loves to chew! Oddly though she only likes to chew my apple tree, flowers, and her chew toys. Hasn't tried my shoes yet lol [sm=rofl.gif]

Here's a picture I found of a Alaskan Malamute/ Husky/ American White Shepherd (kinda looks like her?):

And here's a white [font="arial,sans-serif"]Akita/Malamute/Husky(I don't think she is part Akita, but her tail curls like this dogs):

Here is a American White Shepherd/ Pyr:

There now we have some other pictures to compare her to![:D]

*edited for spelling and to add a picture[8|]*
    • Gold Top Dog
    My guess would be GSD/Samoyed. I don't really see any Husky, Malamute, etc. in her, nor do I see any Pyr.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: orangedog

My guess would be GSD/Samoyed. I don't really see any Husky, Malamute, etc. in her, nor do I see any Pyr.

I don't see any Pyr in her either, but her mom looks very much like a Pyr, so there probably is some in the mix. I think erect ears and short hair are dominant traits, so that would explain why the Pyr characteristics didn't show up.

I don't think she's mixed with a Samoyed because of the mom's heavy coat; if the dad also had one she would probably have much longer hair... I do think a big part of the mix is GSD because of her head, ears and coat length.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Yeah, but she's got dingo ears, so I think ACD is still in the mix ... plus her muzzle is alot like my ACD/chow/X's.

dingo:

• Gold Top Dog
    Great Pyreness x German Shepherd and possibly some Australian Cattle Dog. Very cute dog [:)]
    • Gold Top Dog

ORIGINAL: neapolitanpitbull

Great Pyreness x German Shepherd and possibly some Australian Cattle Dog. Very cute dog [:)]

I think you're right.