What would a yorkie/dachshund mix look like?

• Gold Top Dog

What would a yorkie/dachshund mix look like?

Anyone have any idea? My sister in law is getting one and I haven't ever seen that kind of mix before. The breeds look like they wouldn't be well suited together though.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Depending on the roll of the genetic dice, it could vary greatly. She might get soemthing that looks like a long, low-slung Yorkie,  a silver and cream Dacshund, a furry puffball in any number of colors...well, you get the idea!
    • Gold Top Dog
    It'd look like this I guess...ermm...not my cup of tea

[linkhttp://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dorkie.htm]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dorkie.htm[/link]
    • Gold Top Dog
    That first one isn't very pretty, but some of the other ones are. The way its being described to me is 2/3 Yorkie and 1/3 dachshund. The mom is purebred, but we think the dad is a yorkie/dachsund mix. She said it looked just  like a yorkie puppy looks except she said it was kind of a rusty red color instead of black, but that the face still had the lighter blond color. I get to go see it tonight though, so, I guess I'll find out then. Thanks though, I didn't think that would be a common enough mix to be on any website.
    • Gold Top Dog
    With the designer craze I'm not surprised to see so many in pics lol.

I just don't see why one wouldn't get a Longcoated Dachs or Wire Dachs, which the other resemble in varying degrees (cept perhaps they aren't as cute)...but hey...go figure!

Sounds like a red tri...why did they think the dad was mixed? Some Dachs have wire coats?
    • Gold Top Dog
    sorry, but I have to say it - all of those dogs are adorible! I also wondered what that mix would look like.
    • Gold Top Dog
    If I had one of those I would totally name it Dorkie  [&:]   I'm horrible.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Beagles--I didn't actually get to meet the parents of the puppy. But my sister-in-law said as best as they knew, the dad was a yorkie/dach. I'm not really sure. My dog DEFINITELY has dachshund in him..he barely has any Yorkie features at all...his snout is shorter and wider than a purebred dach. and his legs are a little longer than a purebred, i think..but thats it! other than that, everyone thinks hes just a wirehaired dach.
    • Gold Top Dog
    The nose isn't a good indicator at his age. Dachshunds take a long time to develop their long nose, and as young pups, they're nose is very short and wider than it will be as an adult. At about 6 months or so of age is when your pup's nose will be as long as it's going to get. As far as height goes, not all Dachshunds have short stubby legs. In fact, they aren't supposed to have really short legs. Conformation breeders did that to them. In germany, Dachshunds all have longer legs than they do in North America. In the pictures you posted a while ago of him looks like a purebred, wirehaired Dachsie. It is possible that he may be mixed with Yorkie, but I think he is definitely mostly Dachshund. It could also be that the owners of the two parents had a wirehaired and didn't even kow that's what he was. You'd be surprised at just how many people get a wire or long haired Dachshund and think they're mixed with Yorkie or a spaniel. It'll be interesting to see what he'll look like as he grows!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh, well I didn't know that about his nose, but I do know for a fact that he is at least half yorkie. The people I got it from own the mom. It wasn't an on purpose breeding. Thats why they just gave the puppies away. I thought it would be better to take it and be responsible, than have him end up in the wrong hands. But thank you for the information! I'll watch his nose and see if it changes shape any of the next couple months. [:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: UndefinedMelody

Oh, well I didn't know that about his nose, but I do know for a fact that he is at least half yorkie. The people I got it from own the mom. It wasn't an on purpose breeding. Thats why they just gave the puppies away. I thought it would be better to take it and be responsible, than have him end up in the wrong hands. But thank you for the information! I'll watch his nose and see if it changes shape any of the next couple months. [:D]

Your dog in your avatar is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Thanks! Thats my APBT named Thor! There are some pictures of him posted on my photo post..its titled "Plato!" and is in the photos for sharing section.
    • Gold Top Dog
    ha! Yeah, I saw them after I posted this.
    He's a doll!
    Pretty coloring.
    I have an APBT mix named Ella.
    She's got the BEST ears on the planet.[:D]
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: chewbecca

I have an APBT mix named Ella.
    She's got the BEST ears on the planet.[:D]

Well then It's your job to post pictures of her, immediately!
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oh! Ask and you SHALL receive!

Some of these are repeats for others here, but you haven't seen them before!
    Here you go!

Her poor elbows are still all worn out from laying on the concrete at the shelter, but they are softening up because now she sleeps on her comfy bed.

one of my faves because I just LOVE her ears!

How could you NOT love the ears???!!!

The famous bully smile!

She's just so happy in the car!

She just LOVES her bad cuz ball!

Here she is trying to get my in-law's dog to play with her.

That bad cuz ball is CONSTANTLY with her.

Here she is in her new winter fleece. Poor girl gets cold with barely any fur on her belly!

There, that should fulfill any Ella fix for now!
    Enjoy!