Breed guess!

• Gold Top Dog

Breed guess!

My friend adopted this cutie boy @ the humane society several months ago. He was listed as a lab/ golden retriever, but i don't see it! I was thinking maybe some sort of beagle-y mix, possibly a little yellow lab. He's about 40 lbs, very sweet, and he is a sniffer. Overall is a very calm, laid back dog. He kinda has a weird tail...it's short and fat. He's about 4 years old. Any guesses?

• Gold Top Dog

I wouldn't stray far from the sporting group. Lab...spaniel...I could see Brittany x Lab. Lab tails should be short and thick and round...which you actually VERY seldom see LOL. Many are long, pointy, whippy, etc. Something about the upright demeanor, big smile, upright and mobile ear set, says Brittany to me...purposeful crossing of the two breeds doubtless does occur to some extent too. Does the dog show any birdiness?

• Gold Top Dog

I do see lab.  Maybe a bit of greyhound?

• Gold Top Dog

Maybe lab/beagle or golden/beagle?  The tail, especially in the third picture looks beagle-like.  The eyes could be golden or beagle.

• Gold Top Dog
    Deffenately a LabX...possibley Beagle, maybe a spainel of some sort? Traveling salesmen? Whatever his mix is, he is cute!