Is this dog a Pomeranian?

• Bronze

racuda

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but are you sure that someone dumped him?

Since he IS so attractive, and he likes people 's laps, and home cooking, maybe he is a neighbor's pet who got lost.

It is a small neighborhood and the neighbors all know him because he has been around for the past week and half.  They are all glad that we decided to keep him.  In the city we live (Texas), if you take care of a "homeless" pet for more than 7 days, you automatically (legally) become the owner.

• Gold Top Dog

I'd agree with pure Pom, just a badly bred one. He looks a LOT like some of the rescue poms you see competing in obedience and agility.

• Gold Top Dog

He is truly gorgeous! I would have kept him too. I want a dog that looks just like that! lol  Is he as sweet as he looks??

• Gold Top Dog

I would say pom.  My pom is 10 lbs., he came from a petlend Ick!  so he is most likely a byb pup or from a mill.  He is very tall for a pom and heavy, but still a pure pom as far as I know.   But yours does look very pomeranian, just probably not bred for show as others have said.

Here is my Benny: