WHY?!!!

• Gold Top Dog

WHY?!!!

Why are people trying to miniature size every breed of dog?!!! Why are people breeding poodles to every breed of dog?!!!

I am so confused.

I just saw a add for miniature Boxers and one for miniature Golden Retrievers. And then I saw an add that made me want to cry. Irish Setter/Golden Retriever breed on purpose and then an add for Aussiedoodles. WHY?

Ok rant over for now. 

• Gold Top Dog

Earlier this year we had to help with the rescue of a Beagle Rhodesian mIx... yep another moron trying for an apartment sized RR, this week it was a CHIHUAHUA Rhodesian Mix !!!! a Check Peanut Butter out.... If I could figure out how to transfer the dang files I would share Sprite with you too....

Bonita of Bwana

• Gold Top Dog

A chihuahua and RR?!!! Oh gosh. And now people wonder why getting a dog from a reputable breeder is "too much trouble."

• Gold Top Dog

It's really ridiculous. I saw an ad for a "Chowtese"...Chow/Maltese mix. Pup was really kinda weird looking. He was black, bigger than a Maltese but smaller than a typical Chow, and he had what looked like long silky hair and a plumed tail!  

• Gold Top Dog

They keep breeding them because there are people who want to buy them...

For example, my friend is crazy about puggles and wants one. When I told her that those dogs look exactly like 10 000 other dogs in pounds, she got very offended... As long as there are people who think that way and have and want to give their money for these dogs, there will be people who will breed them. As simple as that.

• Gold Top Dog

In an old issue of Cosmo (yep, I read that trash Smile) they actually *recommended*  getting a pup from the shelter instead of a designer dog. I was so thrilled I emailed the editor!

• Gold Top Dog

Tell me about it!  I work at a kennel and while we do see many mixes from pounds and purebreds, lately we have been getting tons of puggles, goldendoodles, yorkipoos, cockerpoos, etc.  It drives me crazy.  Right now we have 3 or 4 puggles who come on a regular basis to play for the day.  I really love to see just the regular mixes or purebreds over them.  Their temperament is better and they are usually just nicer dogs in general.