Best guard breed under 50lbs.

• Gold Top Dog

Three weiner dogs.

• Gold Top Dog

DumDog
    Spicy_Bulldog
    Good luck finding a Boxer that is of actual guard of protection quality unless you import from Europe. There is one kennel I saw in US with working Boxer and working bloodline. Most others don't have the drive, it has been bred out of them, they are more docile now and show dogs only.  

and i agree here..... as a kid i used to love Boxers. i wanted one soooooooo bad. we couldnt have an Am.Bull or pit bull because of home owners insurance, but my mom never said no to Boxer.... she never said yes either. and by the time i grew up and moved out i just went ahead and got what i really wanted lol but i still wouldnt say no to a Boxer if given half the chance. 

i would LOVE to see someone revive the American lines for something more than snoring, farting, and good looks......wait........ ok only with bull breeds does snoring, farting and good looks all fit into the same sentence. but there ya go lol 

Oh me too but I will probably never have another one but they are a great breed. It would be nice to see how the working bred Boxers compare to other breeds and how nice they are though. There are just so many health problems involved with them, even from the good reputable show breeders sometimes a serious problem can pop up.I'm not sure about another American Bulldog either, DH has mentioned it I just think likely not. An AB would be far more likely then a Boxer at this point.

It is interesting how many APBT people think their dogs are protective or good guard dogs when the dog is just very unpredictable in its actions or fear aggressive. It is scary actually and down right crazy. I just don't get some dog owners. They don't know the first thing about dogs and are so way off. I think to find a stable APBT for the job such as that is very lucky to say the least and still takes tons of training. What these other people have is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Gold Top Dog

Angelique

Three weiner dogs.

In light of the recent study on canine aggression, the above makes a lot of sense! LOL