Do they really come in this color?

• Gold Top Dog

Do they really come in this color?

Or this a BYB'ers doing? I ask because WOW I really really like this lil guy!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/sheprano08/untitled.jpg[/IMG]

• Gold Top Dog

I want one also in the color but I want a long haired one. I love a long hair red one too!! When I am old and cant handle big dogs anymore I will definitely be getting a a little wiener dog!!

• Gold Top Dog

I've seen a few dapple and tan ones come through. I'm not sure if it's a recognized color grouping or not - but they do exists! And they sure are cute!

• Gold Top Dog

That doesn't look right to me. But I don't know dasch's very well. 

• Gold Top Dog

That one is a black and tan dapple. They do come in that color, it's the same as merle, and is an acceptable color according to the AKC.

• Gold Top Dog

The color is rare but completely acceptable. My grandfather's friend used to breed them and he had one that looked similar to this puppy... That dog lived 17 long years!

The puppy is adorable...

• Gold Top Dog

I've actually seen a lot with this coloring. My friend owns a longhair version with the same coat pattern and markings (and she go hers from a reputable breeder, so no - not a BYB thing).  

• Gold Top Dog

We see a ton of dapples come in the clinic and for boarding.  They're my favorite colors for Dachies. 

• Gold Top Dog
    I have a friend that shows a longhaired blue dapple male!  He's GORGEOUS!