Any one have a Beauceron?

• Bronze

I wonder how is TessaConfusedSmile

• Puppy

Oh, wow! What adorable puppies! I didn't know you had little merles! Do you have any pictures of the father?

Elite sure has grown up and is very pretty. Big Smile

Keep us all updated on the puppies as they grow.

• Bronze

They father is 11 years old, he is a beautiful beauce with perfect character, it was love for first see (Niobe felt in love too :P).
    Some photos of him:

Soon I will show new photos of the puppies ;P

• Gold Top Dog

Very pretty puppies!   Tessa is doing well...nothing new on her part..., and still undecided if we want to bring puppies in the world or not! 

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Oh, all so gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing all the pics!  Mind if I ask a couple of questions?  What is your favorite part about living with a Beauce?  And the least favorite?  I'm looking for behavior/temperament or physical factors.  "I love his apptitude for herding, especially since he differentiates btwn people and animals, but I hate that his ears constantly get gunky, or his breed seems to have gastrointestinal issues that requires finding a good food that won't upset the stomach" kind of thing (not at all implying that about your dogs, I'm just giving a random example.)  The kind of stuff you don't read in a book - the kind of stuff that comes from owning and living with the breed that gives you insight into what they are *really* like.
    • Gold Top Dog

Well im only speaking form experience with one beauce, but some of my issues i have talked with other breeders and found them to be pretty characteristic...

I think personally my biggest issue is the clingyness....some poeple like that in a dog of course, but it can be a little overwhelming at times!  Tessa is CONSTANTLY at my side, everywhere i go, even from room to room in the house!  While this bit of attachment is very beneficial in training (she does fabulous offleash, and is very responsive to anything i ask of her), it can get a bit annoying if you prefer more independent dogs (like i do)  

THey are also very "pushy" dogs.  We have brought Tessa to several play days and various events with other dogs - but very few dogs can really tolerate her lol.  My aunt has a very nice 2 year old male dobie (Tessa is 2 1/2) and Tessa will literally body slam him and run him over...it took him lots of play days to finaly not be scared of her.  They can be very rough when playing with other dogs, and a bit bossy...although she has always been social, like i said its just finding a dog that she doesnt overpower and intimidate!  One of her "best friends' is a harlie great dane that is 2 months younger than her..they have played together since they were both running around with taped up ears, and even though now Tessa can practically stand under Hogan, they still run and slam into each other and have a good time! 

The severe attachment issues have benefits too- it has made her very easy to train, she is very intuitive to me, and can generally figure out what im asking of her very quickly.  THey are also very comical dogs...so if you have a sence of humor they will entertain you!  Tessa is always doing silly things to get my attention.  If i put her on a downstay while im talking to someone, she will roll over on her back, put all four feet in the air and rolla round on her back "smiling" at us upside down...  she'll literally do anything for attention sometime! 

The biggest thing that has concerned me when ive been debating on breeding her is the amount of energy the breed has (and hence where i am hesitant to try to find homes for a bunch of puppies that require this amount of work)  Shes almost 3, and finally starting to slow down a bit, (they are slow to mature as well!)  but she can truly go all day.  I take her and Diesel (6 year old Akita)  for  1 1/2 mile walk/jog at the park just about every day- we get home and Diesel is ready to sprawl out on th cold kitchen floor....Tessa is ready to go out in the back yard and run with Halo (9 month GSD)...she doesnt seem to ever get tired!  And she gets bored easily- and can be destructive when that boredom kicks in.  Even at this age, i still dont trust her loose in the house very often when im not home  because she will find something (toilet paper roll, pillow ,etc) to destroy and entertain herself!   

So hope that helps...they are a lovely breed if you have an active lifestyle to entertain them, I do hope to get another one eventually, and Tessa has been a wonderful dog overall!  

• Bronze

Niobé is almost like Tessa YesBig Smile

• Bronze

They are 6 weeks old now :P

I think I will keep this girl Smile

• Puppy

Hi...My name is Vendy and I´m from czech republic, so my english isn´t perfect, but i hope I can to connect to this forum. I have female, 2 years old beauce named Lumpy and 8 years old male of rhodesian ridgeback named Bundy....

Beaucerons are really the best of all breeds :) they coutch my heard.. I love them....Lumpy is in one word perfect dog :)

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

beauceron.niobe
    I think I will keep this girl Smile

Oh my gosh!!!!!  How did I miss these beautiful pictures?!!?!!  That little girl looks like a beautiful choice!!!   Oh, they are all so darling!!!  Getting good experiences with the Bernese Mountain Dog, Pug, and French Bulldog, too, what fun!  Gorgeous.  Thank you for sharing the pictures.  I want to pick them up and play with these little babies!!

• Puppy

hello, i am new here, look to my homepage and tell me if you find something interesting

www.sar-beaucerons.com

all the best