Olde English Pocket Beagle???

• Gold Top Dog

Olde English Pocket Beagle???

I have never heard of an olde English Pocket Beagle, has anyone else ? It was bought by one of my older girls in California with "Papers" I'd love to know what you all know Whisper  really good or bad Wink

Bonita of Bwana

• Gold Top Dog

Most I have seen are very obviously crossbred with Chi's, mini Dachs or even Minpin...temperaments match, LOL. Very little sturdy little hound, and a lot of Toy dog.

• Gold Top Dog

I've never heard it called an Olde English, but when working at a vet in IL we had someone come in with a "pocket beagle"..she had 'papers' from one of the registries that pet stores use. The same ones who register mixes. It just listed it as a Beagle though. It looked like any other 8 week old beagle and was the same weight as a standard beagle. We suspected that she may have gotten rid of it when it grew above the size the pet store promised. (they told her she'd stay at around 10 lbs..she was already about that size at that age), as we never saw her again after that first visit.

Most of the 'miniature' breeds, in breeds that don't have size varieties, are generally bred from abnormally small members of their breed or mixed with another smaller breed.

• Gold Top Dog

I just don't understand why anyone would want a miniature beagle! They're already pretty small, at least well bred ones that are kept from eating their family out of house and home are. Why does one need a smaller version?  

• Gold Top Dog

houndlove

I just don't understand why anyone would want a miniature beagle! They're already pretty small, at least well bred ones that are kept from eating their family out of house and home are. Why does one need a smaller version?  

For this: http://www.glamourdog.com/dog-carriers.html

• Gold Top Dog

Dude that is so back-asswards! You get the carrier because you have a small dog and it can fit, you don't get the carrier and then find a dog that will fit it! ARGH!