What is an American Gointer? a Hush bassett? a Mini boz?

• Gold Top Dog

What is an American Gointer? a Hush bassett? a Mini boz?

Check out this list of "hybrid dogs". http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm Which is your favorite?  Which name makes YOU shake your head?

Personally I vote for the PLICA.

What is a Plica? It is a cross between a Basset Hound and an Ori Pei. What is an Ori Pei? An Ori Pei is a cross between a pug and a sharpei. 

The"Peke a Tese" also raised my eyebrows---sounds like something  you could be arrested for doing...or maybe only if you charged??? LOL

Here's the answer to the question in subject line: 

American Gointer: Golden Retriever x English Pointer

Hush Basset: Basset Hound x Cocker Spaniel

Mini boz:Miniature Schnauzer x Boston Terrier

Some days I really miss my old Labrashepherdmanpinscher....of course back in the days before I got educated about hybrids I thought he was just a lab mix. If only I had known then what I know now especially about hybrid vigor---if only HE had known about hybrid vigor maybe his hips wouldn't have stunk....

• Gold Top Dog

Does no one seem to think the 'breed names' are getting just a tad bit ridiculous?

• Gold Top Dog

i think people mix these breeds just so they CAN make up ridicules names 

• Gold Top Dog

Laurelin_429

Does no one seem to think the 'breed names' are getting just a tad bit ridiculous?

Yeah, at first I thought when I read the post, it was a joke, so I had to come and see what it was all about.  LOL
    • Gold Top Dog

DumDog

I think its just someone's way of making money off of two breeds that weren't supposed to breed in the first place...and went hey it's a Watchamacallit!  That will be $500 please.
    • Gold Top Dog

Janet808

DumDog

I think its just someone's way of making money off of two breeds that weren't supposed to breed in the first place...and went hey it's a Watchamacallit!  That will be $500 please.

Yup, I think some of these were "oops" litters and they slapped names on them so they could sell them online---come ON a PLICA???? a cross between a basset hound and an "ora pei" which is a cross between a sharp pei and a pug??? Like THAT was done on purpose. ROFL

Some folks have figured out that if their female gets loose in season and mates they can slap a "designer label" on the dog and suddenly it is worth some bucks.

The sad thing is that not all of the mixes listed are one shot accidents and there really are people out there making money off crossing these dogs.

• Gold Top Dog

All the names make me wanna puke, because they represent the worst, most disreputable breeders on the planet, just trying to make a buck of the newbies who don't know any better than to buy mutt puppies over the Internet for a grand or two.

• Gold Top Dog

Even tho it's not on the list, my personal favorite is the English ReSetter.  Actualy, this English ReSetter.  Wink

• Puppy

DumDog

I think they come up with the stupid name first and then figure out what breeds they can use to justify the name.

• Gold Top Dog

When I really thought Cherokee was a lab/chow mix (now I've just accepted that I have no idea what she is..well actually I haven't quite accepted that yet..I'm still really curious), I called her a Chowdor (New England specialty! Too bad she's from North Carolina...).

As for others...I still think cockapoo is pretty bad, but then I am pretty much a 12 year old boy humor-wise, so... Lacasapoo is bad... it's a Lhasa/cockapoo mix. Sheesh.

Oh oh, "Shocker." Are you kidding me?? This might be lost on older folks, but let's just say shocker has a really disgusting meaning at this point... Oh yeah, and it's a shiba/cocker mix. Cripes. 

• Bronze

next there will be bull - shih ...shih tzu bull terrier x

• Gold Top Dog

i'm surprised there isnt already!!