Breding

• Gold Top Dog
    I wnted to post that, too, but then I thought the OP might be a child. A child may not realize that two boy dogs cannot have puppies.

Dang, where was I when this one got started.....is that why I don't have puppies, because by dogs are boys, and they are neutered, does that hurt in the reproduction process???[sm=biggrin.gif]
    • Gold Top Dog

ORIGINAL: snownose

I wnted to post that, too, but then I thought the OP might be a child. A child may not realize that two boy dogs cannot have puppies.

Dang, where was I when this one got started.....is that why I don't have puppies, because by dogs are boys, and they are neutered, does that hurt in the reproduction process???[sm=biggrin.gif]

Just a tad...[;)]
    • Gold Top Dog
    ORIGINAL: HoundMusic

should a responsible breeder even WANT to support the demand? that means they are doing it for a profit, either to make themselves feel like champs, or so they can make some money.... which is not being very responcible.. is it?

Whats wrong with making a profit on a responsibly bred litter? There IS a demand for certian breeds of dogs & the customers looking for them DESERVE to have a pup that fits the standard, is healthy, sound and a remarkable specimen of the breed. I don't want to see people flocking to BYBs or puppy mills for my breed, or any breed. In the end, the breed looses because those poorly bred representatives outnumber the well bred ones. And the ONLY reason this happens is because of a demand for the breed that is not being supplied by breeders who have good stock. My goal for breeding isn't to meet a demand, if that were the goal I'd have crappy BYB dogs! But I do sell most of my pups to pet homes on a s/n contract and do occasionally breed a litter that I know I will not be keeping pups out of. GASP!!! Yes, I have been known to breed litters without the intent of keeping back a pup! The horror, lol. If there is a demand for the breed, ethical breeders should not be breeding willy nilly, don't get me wrong ... However, we should be making the effort to ensure WE are the ones filling that demand, for the most part.
        Ok, off my soapbox now, lol [sm=soap%20box.gif]

i think that people are lazy. they dont want to pay top dollar for a good dog. it wouldnt matter if you did breed dogs with good health and tempers....
    if you profit then goody. but my own ethics wont hear of it. i have working dogs. not pets. if you want a pet, go adopt one. leave the bloody working breeds alone! thanks to irresponsible pet owners we have to have rescue agencies and fosters for collies, bulldogs, shepherds and every other working breed out there. and that is my own opinion and it is based on my own experience.
    there areplenty of other breeds bred specifically for companionship.