Any English Setter Owners?

• Bronze

Any English Setter Owners?

[align=center][font="trebuchet ms"][color=#000066]I have had English Setters all my life but they aren't too popular of a breed.  Any other English Setter Owners here?? [8|][/color][/font]
    • Gold Top Dog
    Might consider changing the color of your font. It's very light and bright and hard to read. My eyes hurt lol....welcome to the forum...glad to have you!
    • Gold Top Dog
    I absolutely LOVE English Setters, which is kinda odd considering the other dogs I love (GSDs, Malinois, Dutch Shepherds).  I like the ones with the orangish spots.  I honestly think it's a subconscious thing that goes back to when we lived in a really bad neighborhood and found and English Setter.  We took it home to show my dad and he actually wanted to keep it, as he loves bird dogs.  However, the dog was very very sick (it would not even take hot dogs) and we could not afford treatment, so we surrendered it to AC and the next weekend, it was the featured shelter pet in the newspaper.  I just LOVE the heads on Setters and those sad eyes (remind me of Beagles).  I want one just like this (pic I took at an AKC show, the people next to us own this dog and it won the group!):

• Gold Top Dog
    My very first boyfriend had an English Setter named Vickie.  I absolutely loved her.  She was such a great friend, hung out with us all the time.  I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your dog.  It would certainly be a breed I'd consider if I was looking for a change.[:)]
    • Bronze
    [align=center]Rwbeagles,[align=center]Thanks for the welcome and I will change that font. It was a late nigt post lol.[align=center] [align=center]Liesje[align=center]That picture you posted reminds me of my ES only less fur because she's the field type.  Her name is Maddie and she has the orange flecks.[align=center] [align=center]Willowchow,[align=center]I absolutely adore english setters they are so sweet and loving. Great family pets. I am working on getting pictures of my ES up as I type.