German Shepherd help needed quickly!!

• Gold Top Dog

German Shepherd help needed quickly!!

I need to order something like today for Chop so that it arrives on time.  It will be used the day after we get her, so I can't wait to measure her myself.  I haven't gotten responses to my inquiries regarding her measurements.  Can someone tell me generally the girth, neck, and/or back length for German Shepherds?  I know she is 21" tall, but all these products are based on other measurements I don't have.  It doesn't have to be spot on, just a general range....
    • Gold Top Dog
    Umm, what are you getting for her? I don't know if they have what you're looking for, but you could try the AKC's website, see if they give any measurements on dog's and bitch's aside from height. I can't help as I'm sure Rio, my Shepherd mix, is much bigger than 21 inches, actually, I know he is as my Aussie is 18 inches and he towers over her. So his other measurements would be different and he's not filled out yet as he's only a year.
    • Gold Top Dog
    A life jacket.

I went to the store and looked at the sizes and I think she's a large (well, they only had med and XL and neither of those seemed right), which for Outward Hound is for 40-70lbs and she's like 55-60lbs, so I'll probably get the Outward Hound then since she's comfortably within that range and GSDs don't really have any weird proportions.  She is on the smaller side for a German Shepherd and is 21" tall with a 20" height card.
    • Gold Top Dog
    That would sound about right then. I think most dog products that they wear go by a size like people clothes, small, medium, large and such. But then you have the crazy people clothes(shirts) that have actual sizes that leave you wondering what the heck. At least in dogs though they usually give you the weights for each size.

Shiva
    • Gold Top Dog
    I think I'll just get it.  The problem w/ dog sizes is that my assumption is GSDs would be a "large", but then you get companies that make accessories mainly for little dogs and you find out that a "large" is for a cocker spaniel sized dog and what you need is an XXL. [&:]  There's this other jacket that I like better, but according to the little info they provide, Chopper would be an XXL and that just seems weird to me.