What breed is my dog? Please help:)

• Bronze

What breed is my dog? Please help:)

unnamed (1).jpg
    Hi all!
    My husband and I have been in search of what breed our rescue dog, Kale is ever since we brought him home. When we rescued him, they labeled him as a labradoodle but we know that is incorrect now that he's grown up. He's big-about 72 lbs. He has long wiry hair that we trim but keep fairly long. He's very active, loves to run and "herd" other dogs. He has a long tail that curls up at times and big floppy ears. When he has short hair you can tell much better, but he is extremely spotted. We have taken him to three different vets and all of them have different opinions on what he may be. Our most current guess has been some type of Giant Schnauzer mix, however for a long while we thought Bearded Collie Mix. Any other opinions would certainly be appreciated   Thank you
    • Gold Top Dog

I've no idea but he's gorgeous.

• Gold Top Dog

I would say some sort of collie is in there by his colourings, Or even some dalmation due to the spots.

I would  that if you really wanted to know you should get him DNA tested, we had one of our dogs DNA tested and the results were surprising but very accurate.

• Bronze

thank you :)

• Bronze

We have thought collie/dalmation possible as well. So many different characteristics he has lol. Do you have a particular DNA test you recommend? We have thought about doing that. Thanks :)

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I want to say some type of hunting or gun dog for sure, a griffon of some kind. I do see a doodle face. Whatever he is, he is beautiful. Keep sending pics.

• Gold Top Dog

I would suggest either this one: http://www.blackdogdna.com/

or this one: http://www.wisdompanel.co.uk/

• Puppy

i have no idea about this.

• Puppy

My neighbor has a australian shepherd and their dog looks similar to yours and  the Australian shepherd Is a herding dog from what I understand about the breed and your dog also looks labradoodle as well. Hope that helps. :)

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Very cute, I would say there maybe some kind of Griffon in there or wire haired pointer. Some kind of hunting breed for sure. Alot of spaniels and pointers have those speckled spots. Whatever he may be, he is very lucky. So happy you rescued him.

• Silver

Gorgeous doggie no matter what breed :)