My new fella.

• Gold Top Dog

My new fella.

This is my new adoptee. His name is Sunny He's about 35 lbs. and 16" at the withers. His body is relatively long. He's about a year old. He has a cute under-bite and red freckles to boot. He was listed as a border collie mix, but because of his long back and gorgeous red color, I'm thinking that there has to be some corgi in there. He is very smart and sweet and loves being part of the gang. Any thoughts? http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/398016_2862395441147_1297549705_3176274_380466852_n.jpg http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/390849_2996888723395_1297549705_3252883_1926764932_n.jpg Diane E.
    • Gold Top Dog

No breed mix guesses but had to say he's a stunner!  Love those freckles.

• Gold Top Dog

What a cutie!  I think BC mix is a pretty good guess.  Maybe with Sheltie?  Or, weird as it sounds, English Cocker Spaniel?

• Gold Top Dog

Hello Sunny, you are handsome!  Love that ear, makes you distinguished, lol.

Seems he has settled in!  Loved seeing him in the middle, ha haaa.  You know, that tan and white are corgi colors (and a few others).

• Gold Top Dog

Very handsome! Name? I don't see Corgi.

• Gold Top Dog

tiffy

Very handsome! Name? I don't see Corgi.

Hard to tell without him standing -- but my guess was gonna be sheltie/corgi mix.  Given his size -- I'd probably say sheltie/border collie or just plain "herder mix".

This was my corgi/sheltie mix -- for years I wondered what the heck mix he was -- then one day I realized the ears in dimension were ALL corgi -- he looked like you could hook him up for cable reception from the front -- not short legged -- Foxy was all sheltie in body shape --

Whatever -- he's a gorgeous boy.  I LOVE those herders.  Took me years to get him figgered out ... but he was an awesome boy (and he lived to be just a week shy of 19).

Good luck to youj!

• Gold Top Dog
    The bit of extra heft to the head and fullness in the muzzle looks like ACD to me. Many of them have some truly hunky heads and muzzles. So I wil go with BC/ACD. Would double up on the red color since BC's carry that too and account for the ticking tho BC's also carry that on their own.
    • Gold Top Dog

Thats what I was thinking too. The muzzle is way to big and not very slender for a corgi or a sheltie. Tootsie also has freckles on her forelegs and the muzzle.

• Gold Top Dog

No idea on what else there might be besides the BC; just wanted to say that Sunny is a good-looking fellow and I wish you all lots of great, funny, and memorable times together.

• Gold Top Dog
    Thanks, guys, for your suggestions! He's cute, that is for sure, and really gentle and sweet. I've had other suggest that cattle dog could be in the mix. The other suggestions are Australian Shepherd and chow chow. With the under-bite, who knows, he could be part boxer lol. The thing that makes me think Corgi is the color, coat (he even has a pixie saddle), and long back. His legs are pretty normal although not as long as the birdy girls' legs. He is from the Bahamas and is also listed as part "potcake" dog, which is a pretty homogenized mix that is typical for the strays down there. I know he has collie or herding dog in there for sure. He's more of a heel nipper than a hard eyed herder so maybe the ACD could be there too.
    • Gold Top Dog

DUH! You said his name in the first sentence. Pay attention, Tiffy! Geez! Sunny is a great name too.

• Gold Top Dog

Sunny is gorgous! I dont see Corgi either, But BC mix. That is part of the fun, Forever guessing what maybe in them.

We know our Kobe has Akita, but not what else and we always Speculate about Vinny. But in the end it doesnt matter.

Hope to see more pics of Sunny and learn more about him in the future Big Smile