Tell me about the Bulldog

• Gold Top Dog

Tell me about the Bulldog

English, not American. LOL. Alex wants 2 males (yes I know about the fears of 2 males, ect..) I'm wanting to know what is day to day life like with one?
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Day to day care involves cleaning the skin, especially because they get bacteria in the folds of their faces - and almost every one I know has some kind of skin condition that requires daily care.  Left unchecked you have infections, some of the stinkiest dogs I've ever met, etc. 

• Gold Top Dog
    Ewww.... Hmmmmm
    • Gold Top Dog
    bad, bad, bad, bad skin. VERY BAD.

I'm allergic to them, so I don't spend much time around them.
    • Gold Top Dog
    Oook.. Well the bulldog is off the list. LOL Thank god Alex has the willpower not to take every puppy offered to him without talking to me first.
    • Gold Top Dog

Not just skin -- that weird carriage (back end low to the ground) causes all sorts of problems eventually if you have stairs in the home.  Bracheocephalic breeds are tough health-wise -- everything can become harder from routine surgery & teeth cleaning on down.  And yeah -- BAD skin.

• Gold Top Dog
    O_O! Really glad I asked! Lol! We do have a decent amount of stairs, specially leading to the back yard.... Never thought of the carriage issue...