help identify my beautiful puppy please

• Bronze

help identify my beautiful puppy please

Hi everyone

I am an English first time dog owner and this is Finn my georgeous rescue puppy.

Can anyone help to spot the dominant breeds in him please? Collie is the obvious one. Some have said German and some have said Belgian shepherd ?

Help!

Thanks

• Gold Top Dog

Not sure if I really do see much collie in him at all other then his tail. I would guess shepherd and perhaps the shape of his body would even make me say Lab.  Seems to be a mix of a mix of many breeds. A long shot, but maybe he might have Black Mouth Cur in there as well?

He really is a good looking dog whatever he may be, welcome to the forum!

• Gold Top Dog
    I dont see collie. The head looks german sheperd like. The body, maybe some lab or a mix of other breeds. So my guess is the mom or dad was gsd and the other was a mix
    • Gold Top Dog

I would have said GSD mix or even GSD but there's that white tail tip....  Could also be a Malinois mix too.  Hard to tell without a full body shot and not knowing the size.

• Gold Top Dog

and dang ... all i get is a red X - it won't show the picture.

• Bronze

Thanks Xebby

Intresting that you think Lab, the rescue centre suggested Lab as well when he was tiny, I had sort of ruled that out as I assumed he was a Collie  and something else Shepherd wise, think it ws the ears and the white paws and chest that made me go down that road.

Thanks againBig Smile

• Bronze

Thanks All

I had been told Malinois as well so that is definately a possibility as his shape seems a bit more that than a GSD too.

Oh well. He's lovely whatever he is  just thought it might give me heads up temperament wise. He's been a star so far so not too concerned.

Thanks again everyoneBig Smile

• Gold Top Dog

all I got was a red X too but when I clicked on that the pic came up. 

• Gold Top Dog

Malinois would be way less likely than GSD.  He looks like a fairly small dog, so maybe something smaller mixed with GSD?

• Puppy
    check this breed directory, very helpful: *removed by Moderator* good luck!
    • Silver

He's got the kind face of a German Shepherd and some herding breed maybe.  He's beautiful.

• Gold Top Dog

Ah, now I see your dog, he is beautiful.

• Gold Top Dog

He is very pretty!

I'd say GSD/Collie mix....  That mix seems to be popular as working/herding/guards for livestock, at least around here.