What breeds is Louis L'amour?

• Bronze

What breeds is Louis L'amour?

Louis L'amour is from the dog rescue I volunteer with and is currently waiting for his forever loving home!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1120138

Louis L'amour truly lives up to his name, he is a LOVER! He is SO sweet and loving. He LOVES to play with other dogs, he's very energetic and playful. He does put his mouth on your hand to play. He LOVES water...It'll keep him occupied for hours on end. He's good with kids. 

Louis L'amour is medium sized and weighs 45 pounds. He has a short White coat with Black spots. He is about 3 years old. He has a very short muzzle, almost pushed up.

We were thinking Heeler mix, maybe with Pointer or lab? What ever he is, he's unique and very cute!

What breeds do you think Louis is?

Thanks!!

• Gold Top Dog

I don't know- there may be Heeler/ACD in Louis, but I wouldn't say more than maybe 1/4 (meaning one of his parents was half ACD).  I'm really seeing more Lab, German Shorthair Pointer and maybe some Pointer.  He's a handsome fellow!

• Gold Top Dog

I have a heeler mix and had one in the past and I help with ACD Rescue - I don't see any heeler in Louis; his build and speckling just aren't seen in the breed ime.  I definitely see some type of pointer, lab, maybe even boxer given the docked tail.

• Gold Top Dog
    How big is he? I almost want to say JRT mix?
    • Gold Top Dog

Given that they bobbed his tail or I suppose, it could be natural...yes heeler is likely in there. Lab too, he is wide across the head too, which might even get you some PBTerrier heritage...for some STRANGE reason ignorant people often bob the tails on those too!

I am glad he is in rescue and hope he gets a home soon!

• Gold Top Dog

Xebby
    How big is he? I almost want to say JRT mix?

That crossed my mind when I looked at the pictures again a few minutes ago. 

• Gold Top Dog

I would lean more towards boxer mix, of some sort.

• Gold Top Dog

We fostered a family of pups once. The mom was a purebred dalmation, the dad was unknown.. and the pups look just like this guy.

So I'm saying possibly a dalmation/boxer mix....

• Gold Top Dog
    The thing about dalmatian spots is that it's a recessive trait so both parents would have to have dalmatian in their background. I've seen too many dogs given the dalmatian label because they have spots.

When I first glimpsed at his pic I thought he was only 15 lbs and why I thought JRT but if he's much larger then I would have to re-think my guess.
    • Bronze

Sorry, I totally forgot about this thread. Like it says in the original post, Louis L'amour weighs 45-50 pounds.

Thanks for any input and keep the guesses and agreements coming! :)