Anyone have or love German Shepherds?

• Bronze

Anyone have or love German Shepherds?

If so, I am inviting you to join a forum for German Shepherd lovers. It is a small, friendly board with good, knowledgable people on board. We need an influx of new members to keep it vibrant. Anyone who likes to posts on forums and not get lost, like among the larger ones, come join us.

Here is the link: *removed by Moderator*

• Gold Top Dog

Not to be mean, but, dang it's annoying when other forums come fishing for members in OUR pond.....

• Gold Top Dog

True that, Glenda.  Plus I'm already a member on *counts*.... five other German Shepherd forums.

• Gold Top Dog

I love 'em (don't have one), but in all honesty this is the ONLY forum for dogs I belong to and I'm keeping it that way. Not to sound rude, but I didn't like the "feel" of many other forums and I've called this one home now for a bit. The members here are great. Also, I don't like joining too many - makes me feel obligated to keep up with them all!

• Gold Top Dog

Bingo!  There have been a ton of changes over the years that I've been here, but I stay because this is a real community.  The people here are "family" in many ways.

I love the breed, I love my crew, but I'm not "into" gsd's the way many are, and I don't show, breed, drool over specific bloodlines.......I'd probably end up feeling pretty dumb on a specialty forum.

Here at least, I'm not a big fish in a little pond, but by golly, I'm an OLD one! Wink

• Gold Top Dog

I am "into" GSDs the way Glenda describes, but this is still my favorite dog/GSD forum.  However I do belong to a few others because there is some more specific conversation.  For example I needed to know exactly when the dog is leashed/unleashed before and after the long down for the BH (I'm the type of person that will blow points here and there in trial on procedural stuff), and someone on a GSD forum promptly answered with the exact info I needed.  But, I prefer the membership here and the amount of people who are very diversified with their dogs.  On the GSD forums some people think you're crazy for doing anything other than Schutzhund, or doing 3-4 performance events at the same time as training for Schutzhund.  I like that there's a lot of members here who do multiple performance events, or performance and show, I don't really care what breed.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

OP, welcome to our forum.  There are a lot of GSD lovers here, however linking to sites that solicit funds (and yours did) is a violation of our forum rules.  Please check them out here:  http://forum.dog.com/forums/t/105582.aspx  New ones will be posted this month, so please check the Welcome and Announcements area regularly.

• Gold Top Dog
    Liesje
    On the GSD forums some people think you're crazy for doing anything other than Schutzhund, or doing 3-4 performance events at the same time as training for Schutzhund.  I like that there's a lot of members here who do multiple performance events, or performance and show, I don't really care what breed.
    You are crazy but you're also a great trainer so everything evens out hehe.
    • Gold Top Dog

I love german shepherds.... I've had several through the years. And though I don't have one now, I still get a little tingly when I see a pretty one, and still would love to have another one someday.... lol..