scotties and jacks

• Bronze

scotties and jacks

hi

would love to here from any scottie and jack russell owners

• Gold Top Dog

I have a JRT, that's him in my siggy picture.  Twister is his name and fun is his game. lol  He's almost 10 yrs old but still active and healthy.

• Gold Top Dog

jack russell mix here- this is Amber.

• Gold Top Dog

I've got a Jack mix - Casey. He's in my sig. Crazy dog, but I love him!

• Gold Top Dog

My parents have a whole family of scotties that lives next door to them. Seriously. The dam, sire, and 4 puppies(well, they're not puppies anymore, I think they're about 4 years old now). They owned the mother and she was a show dog for quite some time, then after she was bred (only once), they bought the sire (also a show dog), and they kept their entire litter. They don't show or breed anymore, the whole family is spayed/neutered. IDK why they kept the whole litter, but it's cute to see all 6 being walked together. They're super playful, spunky dogs, and they look amazing (all 6 are fully groomed in a show cut all the time).

• Gold Top Dog
    Hi!

I have a JRT-mix and a Westie :) Two terriers, I'm lucky I haven't gotten overthrown.

• Gold Top Dog

sl2crmeg

I have a JRT-mix and a Westie :) Two terriers, I'm lucky I haven't gotten overthrown.

LOL!  Megan, you don't think you're in charge, do you?  Wink 
    • Gold Top Dog

sl2crmeg
    Hi!

What makes you think you haven't been overthrown?  Terriers are SNEAKY! Remember, I have one myself! ROFLLL

• Gold Top Dog
    But....wait...you guys mean I'm not in charge?
    • Gold Top Dog

My brother and his wife have a Scottie.  Cosmo was her dog and she's had at least one that I know of before she met my brother. 

Cosmo is a very calm, quiet dog inside.  He's good with kids, people around him and other dogs.  I don't know if this is the norm or not.  But, he's excellent at family parties when I see him.  Actually, he can be so quiet he seems standoffish.  I'm used to that though in a dog, chows are very like that.  So, if you like dogs that are all over you happy to see you, you might not like the personality.  Of course, I don't have others to compare too. So, it could just be him.

Outside, he loves to play with frisbees and balls. He will bark for you to throw to him.   And, he hikes several times a week with my brother.  They also have another dog, a female and they do really great together.  He's good in the car-they take him all over.  And, he's been all over the country with them on vacation too. 

He's had some allergies.  And, I know she told me her last Scottie did too.  So, they have him on a prescription diet.  I also know recently he had some sort of anal gland issue.  He had to wear a cone for awhile for that one.  But, otherwise he's a healthy dog. 

My brother is always pushing for me to get one too.  They are a little too small for me though. 

• Gold Top Dog

I have 2 JRTs and a BC..

Chloe is 4, Scout is 5.. 

• Bronze

hi,

scotties have a reputation for being dour and standoffish, typical scots qualities. but once they have made a friend it's a lifelong thing. but since eilidh came along mac has really blossomed into a playful happy boy. touch wood so far we've not had any health problems with him.