White or Lemon Beagle - image heavy!!

• Gold Top Dog

White or Lemon Beagle - image heavy!!

She is a working beagle living in Wales. she hunts rabbits, squirrels and fox.  just thought it was interesting to see an all white.. or lemon i guess she might be.

anyway just felt like sharing pics of such a pretty dog that is also a well love working dog.

• Gold Top Dog

It is a very pretty dog.  .... so is this your dog? Or a dog of someone you know?

• Gold Top Dog

just someone i know from another forum. I only wish i had that kind of vista to hunt in with beagles!!

• Gold Top Dog

I have NEVER seen an all white beagle :)

Now, that I have, I'm in love. She's gorgeous!

psssttttt(brownie has a crush on her) LOL

• Gold Top Dog

What a beautiful beagle.  I'm sure she could teach my chubby, couch potato boy a thing or two !!!

Deb W.

• Gold Top Dog

My understanding is lemon refers to the color of the markings.  Since she doesn't have any, I'd assume she's white.  That said, she sure looks a lot like a pale yellow Lab in coloring.  To be honest, that first pic, especially, had me thinking if she's a Beagle/Lab mix, but I'm assuming her owners know she's all Beagle.  You're right, she's a pretty girl!

• Bronze

micksmom
    That said, she sure looks a lot like a pale yellow Lab in coloring.  To be honest, that first pic, especially, had me thinking if she's a Beagle/Lab mix, but I'm assuming her owners know she's all Beagle.

Ditto!

• Gold Top Dog

from what i saw of this guy's album he has a small pack of pure bred beagles. i believe this one came from a white mother and orange father. i can find out though.

here are some more pics of his other dogs.

• Gold Top Dog
    How interesting! I have never seen an all white beagle either. It does look labish to me too! What a pretty beagle though - esp. that "Sadie/Jamison/RC" colored one! hehehe.
    • Gold Top Dog

I love the flying beagle picture!!!!!  That is tooooo cute!

• Gold Top Dog

I don't know what registry they use in Wales, but this is the Beagle standard according to The Kennel Club (Great Britian)http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/15

Colour
    Tricolour (black, tan and white); blue, white and tan; badger pied; hare pied; lemon pied; lemon and white; red and white; tan and white; black and white; all white. With the exception of all white, all the above mentioned colours can be found as mottle. No other colours are permissible. Tip of stern white.

• Gold Top Dog

micksmom
    My understanding is lemon refers to the color of the markings.  Since she doesn't have any, I'd assume she's white.  That said, she sure looks a lot like a pale yellow Lab in coloring.  To be honest, that first pic, especially, had me thinking if she's a Beagle/Lab mix, but I'm assuming her owners know she's all Beagle.  You're right, she's a pretty girl!

yep...she IS a Yellow Lab color.

Very pretty dog, obviously enjoying herself...but I too, thought she looked like a Lab mix.

eta: oh and a while back I posted a picture of an almost all whte hound born here in the USA,..he was the result of a overly active spotting gene tho...lol. He has a page HERE if anyone wants to look.

eta: looking at her made me also think of the Porcelaine...looks very similar but bigger overall...very lovely...LOVELY...hounds.