What mix is our Lani?

• Bronze

What mix is our Lani?

The pound thought she might be corgi/sheperd.  She has short legs and very huge paws.  What do you think? See more pics on my home page, can't figure out how to post more pics here.

• Gold Top Dog

Do you know that for $60 you can find out for sure from a DNA sample? I don't know if anyone here has done it. I don't know if I'd do it but I think it's pretty interesting.

• Gold Top Dog

bunni

Do you know that for $60 you can find out for sure from a DNA sample? I don't know if anyone here has done it. I don't know if I'd do it but I think it's pretty interesting.

It's a waste of money.  Those tests are not very accurate at all.  Just one example is someone on the Lab board.  One of her dogs looks very Chowish, with the coloring of a Saint Bernard.  The DNA results for that dog came back as being primarily Paplion!

ETA- Wow!  Lani is pretty.  I'm thinking she may be Basset/GSD mix instead of Corgi.  If she was Corgi/GSD I'd think her ears would stand up instead of being tipped over.  She might have some Sheltie in her, too.

• Gold Top Dog

Lani is a good looking dog! My guess would be a mix of several breeds. She certainly has all the dwarf features of a corgi or basset but other dogs can also carry the potential to produce dwarves.

• Gold Top Dog

Aw she's very pretty! She looks like a mini shepherd/collie mix to me. I love her coloring. :D

• Bronze

I would love to do that, but can't justify the expense.  Would be very intersting.  jeannie