Do you like to hike with your pooch? Here are some tips to stay safe too!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Do you like to hike with your pooch? Here are some tips to stay safe too!

Hiking Safety

Here are some tips to keep you and your pooch safe during autumn hikes.

• Be sure to bring along plenty of water. Even though it’s cooler you both can still get thirsty.

• After a hike make sure to check your dog’s paws for anything that may get stuck during the hike.

• Bring along treats as well just to give your dog a little extra fuel to keep him going. Also, when it’s time for dinner, give him a little extra food too, using more energy can make them a little more hungry than usual.

• One of the most important things be visible! Most states started their hunting seasons and hiking can be dangerous if you don’t dress properly. Make sure to put something bright orange on you and your dog. Like a vest, collar or bandana. Try to plan your hikes on Sunday, most states don’t allow hunting on that day.

What are your favorite outdoor activities? How will you keep your dog safe on an autumn hike?

Click here to see all of our reflective gear!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I love hiking with my dogs, they love it and it's so good for them and me. I usually will only hike on Sundays when it's hunting season. I always make sure to check their paws. They love a good hike and remember a tired dog is a good dog.