Up, up and away...

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Up, up and away...

Would you fly your pet?

Have you done it in the past?

Would you do it again?

• Silver

A few years ago I flew my cat with me when I went to Seattle. It was an ok experience, she was unharmed and seemed to be taken are of, but I don't think I would do it again. She seemed really stressed out and anxious for the next 24 hours . Not that there was anything physically wrong, and it was nice to have her with me, but I  personally would rather just have someone watch over my pets when I travel.

• Bronze

Sorry its been awhile since I posted, life just got crazy. Anyway, I would not fly my dog, I simply don't trust strangers with her. Maybe if I had a small dog that could actually fly with me in the passenger cabin.

• Silver

If I was moving and it was necessary , sure. But just for travel, no I don't think so. I have seen too many stories of airlines losing pets and I think after the flight my dogs would be too stressed out to enjoy wherever we were going...

• Silver

I completely agree and understand.  We have wonderful friends that flew to Germany to receive there new pet and on the way home the dog ended up not making the trip it passed away on the plane.  The friend was not with the dog  when he passed he was in the cargo level.  This was a bad enough experience that I could not even think of putting an animal on a plane.