Lost a little piece of my heart today. Run free Rotten.

Rainbow Bridge

The Rainbow Bridge is the theme of a work of poetic prose written some time between 1980 and 1992, whose original creator is unknown. The theme is of an other-worldly place to which a pet goes upon its death, eventually to be reunited with its owner.
    • Gold Top Dog

Lost a little piece of my heart today. Run free Rotten.

Osteosarcoma finally claimed my Rotten dog. She was diagnosed in July 2008, and at the time they told me it was a particularly aggressive form and I didn't expect to have more than a few weeks with her. However, with holistic and traditional support, she stayed happy and healthy with me until this week when she developed a little cough. This morning when the little cough suddenly took an extreme turn into coughing up blood I had to accept that it was time to let her go.

She is the first dog that I raised from a puppy throughout her entire life and the first dog that I held until the very end. A well-meaning ex-boyfriend bought her from a BYB. She was supposed to be my guard dog since I lived alone. She was a horrible rottweiler - poorly bred with no breed characteristics - but she was the perfect companion and cuddling dog. A 70 lb lap dog. Now she's my guardian angel dog at the Bridge with my childhood heart dog, Katie, to show her around.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry.  Run free, Rotten.    ((((Hugs))))

• Gold Top Dog

(((hugs))) She sounds like a wonderful companion!

• Gold Top Dog

I am so very, very sorry for your loss..... I'm sending lots of healing thoughts your way!!!

• Gold Top Dog
    Run free and fast Rotten.   So sorry for your loss.  What a wonderful gift to have so much time after her original diagnosis. 
    • Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry Kelly;(((hugs))). Run Free Rotten.

• Gold Top Dog

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear you lost Rotten.  He put up a good fight with you by his side.  Thanks for being there for him.

Run Free Rotten.

• Gold Top Dog

Oh, I am so so sorry ((((hugs)))) Run free, beautiful girl.

• Gold Top Dog

Run free, Rotten.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Wow, Kelly... to get two good years after an osteosarcoma diagnosis tells me you did a heckuvalot for that girl.  Seems she earned it.

Rest peacefully, Rotten...  (((Kelly)))

• Gold Top Dog

Oh Kelly I've missed you ... but I'm so glad you shared with us, and as someone else said, 2 years is testimony that you did a good job of giving her a quality of life and you did the best possible.

Please holler if I can help -- it's been a difficult month around here with a lot of 'loss'.  You are in good company ... *hugs*

Rotten -- have fun at the Bridge.  Foxy the Mostlie Sheltie was prolly there waiting for you -- he knows ALL the I-Dog buddies!!

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. :-/ She sounds like she was a wonderful dog. R.I.P. Rotten.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry, Kelly. Run free, snuggle dog.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry to hear about Rotten. I can just picture a 70 lb lap dog :-) Run free and play with Katie, sweet girl.

• Gold Top Dog

I'm so sorry, Kelly.  This place has been so sad lately, so many great dogs leaving...  RIP little Rottenweiler