Fri, Sep 27 2019 4:22 AM
So my dog has been sneezing a lot recently (past week or so), and it seems to increase when hes outdoors in my backyard. and just this morning i woke up and noticed that his nose was slightly swollen. later i came home and his whole nose and eyes were swollen. his eyes were red.
4K views 3 replies 1 likes

Comments

Thu, Jul 16 2015 2:09 PM
Hi, He must be allergic to something I would consult your vet right away to get him some relief. Please keep us posted.
Fri, Jul 17 2015 1:58 PM
Absolutely -- don't try to resolve this on your own. Dogs can get an anaphylactic reaction just like we can and when the nose is swollen that can affect breathing. This could be MANY things -- among which could be something like a foxtail (a seed pod they pick up from snuffling thru plants) that... more
Fri, Sep 27 2019 4:22 AM
Allergies are among the most common reasons for facial swelling in dogs. When a dog's face suddenly becomes swollen, it is usually caused by an allergic reaction. ... You may especially notice swelling of the muzzle and eyelids. The neck may be swollen as well and even affect breathing. Take care... more
Fri, Sep 27 2019 4:18 AM
Is it okay to give your dog potato skins...such as sweet potatoes? I have been feeding him regular skins...... now cooking sweet potatoes for tomorrow...... but as I am going thru home cooking reading on the Interenet....there is soooooo much talk about the skins...especially of sweet potatoes.
39.9K views 9 replies 1 likes

Comments

Mon, Feb 1 2010 10:56 PM
Hahaha.....don't have to worry about Gibby picking anything out.....there is not much that he doesn't LOVE. Actually off hand...can't think of anything besides pills....and half the time you can put a pill in his food and he eats around it..but then when everything is gone he looks at his... more
Tue, Dec 8 2015 8:07 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add two things because I was trying to answer the same question. This is what I found out - moldy sweet potato skins are hazardous. Not that anyone would be feeding moldy skins, but this is something to watch for. I had a black spot on one potato I was making... more
Fri, Sep 27 2019 4:18 AM
Mainly most of Dogs contains Potato Skins only so they gently look like Peel of Potato. If your cutie for whatever reason gets his paws on some potato skins and eats them, he might experience a variety of unpleasant and harmful indications of toxicity. These include loose and runny stools, throwing... more
Fri, Sep 27 2019 4:14 AM
We all hate it when it happens. And I believe whether it’s from human or pet it equally irritating and disgusting as well. Yeah, you got me right. I am talking about Bad Breath. I can imagine how blush-making situation it will be when your beloved dog is reclining on its Byte Best chew resistant pet bed and you go close to your dog to give a kiss on the forehead but you smell bad breath. To get rid of this thing isn’t that easy. You go with some tedious processes like Dental Wipes and Enzymatic... more
2.4K views 2 replies 1 likes

Comments

Thu, Apr 11 2019 2:33 PM
I found this extremely helpful and interesting. Some of the flavors sound tasty. The ingredients are healthy. Bad breath in a dog is hard to deal with and offensive. Thanks for the receipes.
Fri, Sep 27 2019 4:14 AM
There is some symptoms you must have to focused on that: Daily Brush your dog's teeth. Consider annual cleanings by your vet. Provide something to chew on. Keep an Close eye on what he eats and drinks. Add chopped parsley to his food.
Thu, Sep 26 2019 5:01 AM
Pets can sniff out medical conditions Protects against allergies Pets help us socialize and meet new people Cats Make Men More Datable Pets Owners Have a Healthier Heart Reduce your stress
299 views 1 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Sep 26 2019 5:01 AM
7 Health Benefits of Living With Pets Pets reduce stress and anxiety. ... Pets can sniff out medical conditions. ... Animals provide affection and comfort. ... https://bit.ly/2krTXZg Animals help reduce blood pressure and promote heart health. ... Having a pet helps us stay more active and... more
Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:57 AM
If so, which ones? The doctor gave Sammy a supplement about 2 months ago when we told him that Sammy scratched a lot. He's not allergic to any of his food/treats, so we were thinking he had some dry skin issues. The supplement worked. I forget the name of it, but we put 1 dropperful into his food daily. His coat is pretty, but we noticed that it became brilliant and he scratched less and less. We ran out! I want another oil supplement for him. Which one do you use? Thanks! [ ]
35.6K views 31 replies 1 likes

Comments

Mon, Oct 9 2006 12:52 AM
Loveukaykay...Thanks for the info
Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:09 AM
Adding fish oil to your dog's diet has many benefits.I ordered Wild Omega 3 Fish Oil at http://www.happypetsnow.com/ for my 22 lb Jack Russell Terrier . We feed him a high quality dog food but I was interested I giving him fish oil as a supplement and hopefully reduce shedding. After doing lots... more
Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:57 AM
Omega-3 fish oil contains both docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Omega-3 fatty acids are essential nutrients that are important in preventing and managing heart disease. Findings show omega-3 fatty acids may help to: Lower blood pressure
Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:56 AM
We are planning on renovating our home and we have a thought for our flooring and that would be to have oak hardwood. Our real concern on having hardwood flooring is our dear pets, Strike and Dew, a BC and a Poodle respectively. They are playful but at the same time much disciplined ones, but they can at times scratch things when left unnoticed. We gave hardwood a thought because Ridgeway Design Centre http://www.ridgewaydesigncentre.ca/ Oakville branch is in our neighborhood and they gave us a good... more
17.6K views 9 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Apr 16 2019 4:09 AM
Cleaning hard floor is not an easy job, you have to have a good cleaning machine for hard floor cleaning. backpack vacuum could help to take out pet and humain hair from the floor. I found a really good review article on backpack vacuum here - cleanerpicks.com/best-backpack-vacuum
Sat, Jul 13 2019 11:17 AM
Hello, you can prevent your dog from scratching your hardwood floor by following the following steps: 1. Keep your dog's nails trimmed regularly. ( Best option ) 2. You can put booties on your pets paws. 3. You may consider to put area rugs on your hardwood floors. ( My own strategy ) Hopefully... more
Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:56 AM
Best hardwood flooring for Dogs One of the most frequently asked questions I get is: Avoid the soft woods: Consider distressed hardwoods. All things being equal, harder hardwoods are better. ... Woods with stronger graining are better for HIDING the scratches. ... Satin finishes/less glossy... more
Thu, Sep 26 2019 4:31 AM
C’est La Vie Bag Our Dog carry bags were designed to give your best friend a nice and comfortable place to be when you take your pet out with you
134 views 0 replies 1 likes
Wed, Sep 25 2019 6:16 AM
How to Test a Dog's Intelligence - Think your dog is a genius? Or maybe Spot seems a little slow. You can test your dog to find out for sure if she's is a smarty paws or a dunce. Here is a simple quiz to help you determine your dog's intelligence (or lack of). http://ilovepets4.blogspot.com/2014/02/how-to-test-dogs-intelligence.html
1.2K views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Sep 25 2019 6:16 AM
On a dog's scale, the average IQ of a dog is 100, by definition. It means that, if we test dogs with things that dogs are usually able to do, on how dogs usually (on average) adapt their answers to some problems they are facing, then we are measuring the intelligence of a dog among the average of... more
Wed, Sep 25 2019 6:14 AM
There are so many great dog breeds out there, mixes too! Tell us what you favorite is and why you pick that breed. Mine is the Rottweiler, they have a nice energy level, you can take them on an 8 mile hike or let them run around a little and they are good to just chill with you. So loyal and intelligent. They make me feel safe too. The Rottie really fits my lifestyle.
1K views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Sep 25 2019 6:14 AM
That Your Favorite Dog Breed Says About You Golden Retriever. For Golden lovers, you are as friendly as can be. Doberman. You are highly intelligent and protective of those you love. Poodle. You love meeting new people, and you are well-received by others. Great Dane. Just like a Great Dane,... more
Wed, Sep 25 2019 6:09 AM
have you a best dog in world ?? Top 10 paying ptc sites Buy crackers online ahmedabad Clash Royale Small Army power
2.7K views 1 replies 1 likes

Comments

Wed, Sep 25 2019 6:09 AM
These are International Dogs in world Border collie. Poodle. German shepherd dog. Golden retriever. Doberman pinscher. Shetland sheepdog. Labrador retriever.
Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:46 AM
Are you training your little pooch in the best possible way? Well, a perfectly trained dog sounds so good, but it is easier said than done. Even if everything goes right, mishaps happen during the training. How many times have you been embarrassed when your furry friend misbehaves in the park? Sometimes the situations just get out of control and you're left wondering what went wrong. However, the good news is that by just training your dog you are at least doing something right. It's... more
15.2K views 2 replies 1 likes

Comments

Sun, Sep 23 2018 1:38 AM
I would like to ask some opinion about some trainer is using some kind of shock collar to train a dog, it is not a high voltage or something like to hurt the dog, it is just a small and very light shock to alert the dog for certain instruction or to make the dog behave. Some feel like it is animal abuse... more
Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:46 AM
Command nagging Poisoning of cues Failing to practice in-between classes Useless repetition Working when you’re frustrated
Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:36 AM
Duke & Dutchess is a luxury canine couture brand creating sophisticated modern apparel and accessories for your pet. Essential chic details, chosen to suit the personality of each dog and make a true fashion statement.
163 views 1 replies 1 likes

Comments

Wed, Sep 25 2019 5:36 AM
For this visit : www.dukeanddutchessusa.com
Tue, Sep 17 2019 2:43 AM
Can't believe my GSD is already 9 1/2 years old! I first posted on this site when I got him in 2010, time has gone by so fast. My boy has some bad arthritis in his back and I've noticed lately that he just can't seem to get as comfortable in the car like he used to. I have a Toyota Matrix hatchback and have a back seat hammock setup. At times he'll attempt to lie down but gets up immediately and seems to be the most comfortable when sitting with his rump against the seat,... more
343 views 0 replies 0 likes
Wed, Sep 11 2019 1:05 AM
Greetings everyone, I am new to basset ownership. My puppy won't come home until the 27th, BUT i am worried about his eyes. He looks cross-eyed. The breeder doesn't appear worried about it and says they'll straighten as his vision strengthens....but I'm not convinced. None of her previous litters didn't have this issues, her pups are gorgeous. Someone more versed in the breed please tell me I'm overthinking this.
285 views 0 replies 0 likes
Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:02 AM
Houston is a 4 year old cocker spaniel. We have had him for almost 3 years and over time he has become more protective of his toys. If he has a tennis ball, he never puts it down. He will whine, walk around the house, sit, and sleep with it in his mouth. He is that way with his black Kong too. If we put a cookie in the Kong he will growl. Even if Kenny my older dog walks by he will growl like he thinks Kenny is going to take it when he isn't going to. So we rarely put a cookie in his Kong. ... more
3.9K views 1 replies 1 likes

Comments

Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:02 AM
hii i experienced the same problem with my two year old havanese dog smurfy, his favourite dog was his rubber duck, he even won't let it go when he used to sleep he was very protective for it. I tried many things but it was a waste of time finally my friend told me to seek a professional's help... more
Mon, Jul 22 2019 5:58 AM
I just finished putting this all together and wanted to share with you! It's a list of the top 100 human foods dogs can and can't eat. It's pretty cool, take a look and let me know what you think! http://nextpup.com/dog-foods/can-dogs-eat-it-cookbook/ Best, Brian
5.9K views 1 replies 1 likes

Comments

Mon, Jul 22 2019 5:58 AM
Thanks Brain for updating us. Here is one more best resource about what human foods are best and bad for dogs: onebarkplaza.com/what-human-foods-are-good-and-bad-for-puppies
Mon, Jul 22 2019 5:36 AM
I am loo king for advice on how to pick a good puppy food. I would like to hear opinions and why you like certain foods etc. Thanks in Advance. 12 week old chow he came with B eneful puppy food.
12.3K views 8 replies 1 likes

Comments

Thu, Sep 3 2015 12:12 AM
Hi, thanks for sharing the sites, I didn't care much about what I get for my dogs until I had a labrador that got renal failure during his old days.
Thu, Oct 20 2016 8:21 PM
Use mixture of kibbles and bones
Mon, Jul 22 2019 5:36 AM
You can refer this source if you are looking for Good and Bad Foods for your dog: https://onebarkplaza.com/what-human-foods-are-good-and-bad-for-puppies/
Sun, Jun 9 2019 5:58 AM
Corgi Leo. Follow me! I'll show you my flowers. WATCH on YouTube. https://youtu.be/rPbZbjkBRR0
977 views 0 replies 0 likes
Fri, Apr 19 2019 3:40 PM
I want something safe and inexpensive. My dog doesn't bite but he is 3 years old and we just adopted her and we don't know if she is capable of biting someone. Better safe than sorry.
43 views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Apr 19 2019 3:00 PM
How about this one. It looks lightweight
Fri, Apr 19 2019 3:40 PM
​I can't place the link. I'm new but here is the description " Non-Chafing Breathable & Padded Nylon Safety/Training Muzzle for Dogs"
Tue, Apr 9 2019 2:31 PM
I just got back my dog run from my sister, it is one from Costco, it is 13 feet long, 7 wide and 6 tall. But she lost the instructions how to assemble it and as far as I can tell it looks like its missing a peice. Anyway to find instructions on the net? I have looked and looked but have found nuthing. Yon have to assemble the frame first then wrap the wire around. And they come in a huge cardboard box. I don't even know else how to describe it. lol Any help would be appreciated.
2.6K views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Jun 20 2007 12:46 PM
Is it chain link? If so try this one... [link http://www.academyfence.com/pdf/chainlinktypicalassembly.PDF] http://www.academyfence.com/pdf/chainlinktypicalassembly.PDF [/link] ETA; another [link http://www.classypetshop.com/build-dog-kennel-run.htm]http://www.classypetshop.com/build-dog-kennel... more
Tue, Apr 9 2019 2:31 PM
You could use a double picket aluminum fence for your dogs. It also provides security and privacy. It looks like this www.fencetown.com/.../onguard-bunting-fence-panel-36h-x-72w There are also fence panels with a puppy picket at the bottom that would do the same job.
Wed, Apr 3 2019 7:50 PM
I have not been here in ages. Lost my book with lists of groups, etc. Since I was last here, we lost our golden retriever, Sophie at 3 months short of 13 to hemangiosarcoma. She had been 11 when we adopted her. Lost Her Oct. 2017. Then Dec. 5, 2018 we lost our Great Pyrenees, Sir Moose to liver disease, but had him 18 months longer than we were suppose to have had him. He was about 7 1/2 when we adopted him and had him a little over 4 years. Then on Feb. 17 of this year, we adopted another Great... more
55 views 3 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Apr 2 2019 10:59 AM
Sorry about Sophie and Moose, congratulations on Princess, . We have a couple go Pyrenees crosses at the dog park. Neat dogs. Beautiful to watch.
Wed, Apr 3 2019 12:21 AM
I will post pictures if I can figure out how. She is the sweetest girl. Is sprawled out on the bed near the desk as I type. Hubby went to a spare bedroom so I can have room in the bed! We are spoiling her rotten.
Wed, Apr 3 2019 7:50 PM
It is good to "see" you both! Sandra, I'm sorry to hear of your losses while so glad you were able to adopt PJ!
Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:39 AM
Hi, my 4 month old puppy just came home on Tuesday and appears to have ear mites. He is constantly trying to scratch his ears, shakes his head, and loves walking over to me for a nice ear rub. The puppy is seeing the Vet tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of ways to control the symptoms or get rid of the pain temporarily until he will be seen by the Vet tomorrow. Thanks!
2.8K views 1 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:39 AM
Hope the puppy is well. I am also a dog owner and have a suggestion for you. Pest control on regular basis can help in reducing the number of pests in the environment and such problems will be decreased to much extent. My uncle avails pest control services by Exterminators Roseville CA www.rosevillecapestcontrol... more
Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:57 AM
DH wants one for Christmas or his birthday. Anyone have one of these? There's lots of vendors that sell them on the web, I don't know really what to look for. Don't want to spend hundreds... Thanks...
12.6K views 9 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Jul 27 2016 7:36 AM
I was looking for a gift for my nephew this coming weekend and I stumble on this tread, might be old, but this is better than creating a new one. Upon doing some research and checking out some reviews online, this site might be able to help you. C heck out www.thingsreports.com/best-rc-helicopter .... more
Thu, Oct 20 2016 8:12 PM
Those helicopters won't cost hundreds now. But FYI, those toys are vulnerable, so, think twice.
Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:57 AM
Do a good search on google. Find a solution. There are various such shops which providers such helicopters.
Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:55 AM
For those of you who supported us during Shayna's near-fatal bout with IMHA, her subsequent glorious survival for two more years and then her final death from cancer, I am thrilled to be back on this forum with a new puppy! Xuxa arrived almost four weeks ago, has turned our life upside down, and is making us very very happy. Like Shayna (and Shadow before her), Xuxa is also a flat-coated retriever. We got her through a friend who runs FCR rescue here in Southern California but she is... more
19.6K views 9 replies 1 likes

Comments

Thu, Jan 14 2016 7:16 PM
Oh, I praise the good behavior immediately, try to model it, etc etc. But this little one was the alpha of her litter. She is VERY used to getting her own way. Training is much more of a struggle than the previous two. On the other hand, when the bobcat walked into our house, she didn't hesitate... more
Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:55 AM
So lovely dogs. Congratulations.
Tue, Feb 12 2019 8:40 AM
Hi, I've been placed in charge of its diet per my request of my family, so, where should I start with vegan dog nutrition? I know UV has a video on vegan cat nutrition, and I'm otherwise not sure where to start. Furthermore, what other things should I know about dog ownership and how can I make my dog as presentable as possible to non-vegans or weird natural™ vegans? Please help. I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. References... more
4.7K views 2 replies 2 likes

Comments

Mon, Jul 30 2018 12:26 PM
Cats are obligate carnivores-they need meat to survive.. Dogs are scavenger carnivores. They can eat veggies, but need meat to thrive. Check out the teeth. Fangs to kill, slicers to cut meat chunks.