Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:57 AM
128 views 0 replies 0 likes
Tue, Aug 23 2016 1:29 PM
have you a best dog in world ?? Top 10 paying ptc sites Buy crackers online ahmedabad Clash Royale Small Army power
1.4K views 0 replies 1 likes
Sat, Jul 30 2016 6:46 AM
Sky is the proud father of 5 male and 1 female puppies. I don't know if I dare go see them. I have been informed that I really don't want another dog. He has been drawing comments at the park and on walks about how handsome and well behaved he is. Then he rolls in some obnoxious substance and gets a bath. The forum appears to be fading away. The other forums I engage in are more argumentative. I like the stable positiveness of this one.
5.4K views 5 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Jul 24 2016 11:25 AM
Took Sky out to the WMA this morning. Warm, but no rain falling. The WMA is set up as a prairie. It was a farmstead, but the DNR returned it with burn offs, cutting trees, and replanting prairie grasses. The prairie flowers were beautiful. A sea of waist deep yellow, purple, and white. Lots of bees humming... more
Mon, Jul 25 2016 5:13 PM
Now is your chance. We have pond goldfish that need to be rehomed. No count yet. They are small and some are still dark colored and hard to see, but our little breeding group did it again. Last time, we had several hundred that got rehomed, but wife was still working as a teacher and we had lots of kids... more
Sat, Jul 30 2016 6:46 AM
Got a bit of rain this week (1/4 inch), but we need a lot more. The tomatoes are starting the think about ripening--yeah! I hope to make some pickled beets this weekend. And, the zucchini is here! I'm going to take a precision heeling course with Ronnie and Rock that starts in August. Rock has... more
Sat, Jul 23 2016 7:37 AM
Hi folks, I kept trying to google various mixes and always seemed pulled back to these boards looking at photos... So probably time for my first post :-) From what I can tell, I think he is part Malinois but 100% mystery. He weighs about 60 pounds, loves to sniff, never barks, is incredibly smart and seems impressively loyal. He likes to guard the house. He's a beautiful pup and it was surprising that no one called looking for him. He's SO loyal, he won't even let the dog sitter take... more
6.1K views 5 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Apr 19 2015 11:39 PM
Short hair German shepard mix?
Wed, Jul 6 2016 9:57 AM
Kinda hard to tell.
Sat, Jul 23 2016 7:37 AM
He definitely has german shepard face except the ears: their breed tends to have longer ears but "standing up" not slouching ears. And he has the coat of a german shepard and I understand that german shepard are very smart and have very good memories and are loyal to their owners, good police... more
Tue, Jul 12 2016 3:21 AM
I've searched old posts, honest, but I didn't see anything regarding stick vacs for picking up pet hair. Joey's tumbleweed fur on the hardwood floors that are all through my house are driving me batty. Was thinking of getting a stick vac to keep on top of it from day to day. I've looked through some reviews and get conflicting opinions so thought I would check with other dog owners. I know Pofi's mom recommends a 3M giant lint roller thing, I've heard mention of the new... more
3.9K views 7 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Jul 18 2008 6:40 AM
I have an Eureka cordless vacuum that I use on my tile floors and I love it. It is not good on rugs though. I don't get much dog hair on my tile floors but with 3 teenagers in and out with a million friends my floors get a little of everything, we get a lot of pine needles being dragged in and it... more
Fri, Jul 18 2008 11:59 AM
I have a Dyson Animal that does a super job on the carpets, but I'm not thrilled with the way it works on the wood floors. That "tumbleweed, fluffy cloud" hair just defies being sucked up by anything - it kind of jumps ahead of the vacuum. If I try to sweep it up, it just tangles in the... more
Tue, Jul 12 2016 3:21 AM
This thread may be old but I just want to share my vacuum cleaner experience. I love Hoover Vacuum Cleaner which I was able to read good reviews at http://www.vacuumtop.com/ . I've been using it for several months, and now that I'm used to it, it's very simple to use, clean, and carry.... more
Sun, Jul 10 2016 2:42 PM
Ok so my camera has decided to really not preform how I want it to, so I'm in the market for a new one. I am well aware nikon is the way to go from all the chat around here. My question is which one to get!? Budget is really not a problem but I would prefer to stay in the 5-600$ range or so. My pictures will mostly be of our pets and DH playing soccer, as well as the team of girls he coaches, a lot of action pictures! If someone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction as far as... more
3.8K views 5 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Jul 5 2011 10:15 PM
Cool! Thanks for the input. I stopped by Best buy today and looked at a few I like, now I just gotta decide!
Fri, Jul 8 2016 6:53 PM
This might an old thread but to help other members You might want to consider checking this site: http://www.camerarunner.com/ and http://www.cnet.com/
Sun, Jul 10 2016 2:42 PM
Or your neighborhood pawn shop. Know what you want, do some research, and know price points. Some pawn shops are really proud of their offerings.
Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:09 AM
If so, which ones? The doctor gave Sammy a supplement about 2 months ago when we told him that Sammy scratched a lot. He's not allergic to any of his food/treats, so we were thinking he had some dry skin issues. The supplement worked. I forget the name of it, but we put 1 dropperful into his food daily. His coat is pretty, but we noticed that it became brilliant and he scratched less and less. We ran out! I want another oil supplement for him. Which one do you use? Thanks! [ ]
29.9K views 30 replies 1 likes

Comments

Mon, Oct 9 2006 12:47 AM
Personally, I would give your 10 lb dog 100IU of the E 2x a day. I would also give the fish oil 2x a day with the E. ETA: For 10 lbs maybe you can find a fish oil capsule with 500mg to give.
Mon, Oct 9 2006 12:52 AM
Loveukaykay...Thanks for the info
Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:09 AM
Adding fish oil to your dog's diet has many benefits.I ordered Wild Omega 3 Fish Oil at http://www.happypetsnow.com/ for my 22 lb Jack Russell Terrier . We feed him a high quality dog food but I was interested I giving him fish oil as a supplement and hopefully reduce shedding. After doing lots... more
Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:01 AM
Adding fish oil to your dog's diet has many benefits.I ordered Wild Omega 3 Fish Oil at http://www.happypetsnow.com/ for my 22 lb Jack Russell Terrier . We feed him a high quality dog food but I was interested I giving him fish oil as a supplement and hopefully reduce shedding. After doing lots of research, I found this product is very high quality and great care has gone into the making of it as well as the ingredients. After about 2 months I noticed a significant reduction in shedding. My dog... more
12 views 1 replies 1 likes

Comments

Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:01 AM
www.happypetsnow.com/best-fish-oil-for-dogs
Thu, Jul 7 2016 12:56 AM
Daisy and Dallas 4 – “The Haircut” Can a “deranged Ewok” be transformed into a primped and pampered Pugzu? Find out in the latest Daisy and Dallas video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGkdgJ9eEp8 Shot with my 2 darling Pugzus and voiced over by my hilarious Irish in-laws! Thanks, Brad
5K views 1 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jul 7 2016 12:56 AM
www.youtube.com/watch nice video
Mon, Jun 27 2016 12:18 PM
Houston is a 4 year old cocker spaniel. We have had him for almost 3 years and over time he has become more protective of his toys. If he has a tennis ball, he never puts it down. He will whine, walk around the house, sit, and sleep with it in his mouth. He is that way with his black Kong too. If we put a cookie in the Kong he will growl. Even if Kenny my older dog walks by he will growl like he thinks Kenny is going to take it when he isn't going to. So we rarely put a cookie in his Kong. ... more
2.6K views 0 replies 0 likes
Sun, Jun 26 2016 10:31 AM
I feel much better now. Chose your hydration liquid carefully.
8.9K views 10 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Jun 21 2016 3:56 PM
Yikes, June is flying by! I can't believe that the days will now start getting shorter again. Boo! Kate, I'll be interested in hearing how the pickled scapes come out. We bought some at our local farmers market last summer and DH sauteed them as a side dish, and they were pretty good. I... more
Wed, Jun 22 2016 3:33 PM
You will be welcome. May even toss in a beer or two. Bring mosquito repellent . Mac desk top just rotated in a picture of Piper and Gunther in the snow at the local WMA. I have been blessed. Skys pups should whelp next week. I've reached the point where i can see the pictures and smile at the... more
Sun, Jun 26 2016 10:31 AM
Super-dry here. Our rainfall is 4" plus behind where it should be, which I know is nothing compared to other places. But it is dry and dusty. Planted some "back up" green beans this morning and tried to get everything well watered. The ticks are out in full force, of course. The grass... more
Fri, Jun 24 2016 7:22 AM
For those of you who supported us during Shayna's near-fatal bout with IMHA, her subsequent glorious survival for two more years and then her final death from cancer, I am thrilled to be back on this forum with a new puppy! Xuxa arrived almost four weeks ago, has turned our life upside down, and is making us very very happy. Like Shayna (and Shadow before her), Xuxa is also a flat-coated retriever. We got her through a friend who runs FCR rescue here in Southern California but she is... more
13.2K views 8 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jan 14 2016 6:44 PM
You really need to tell your pup what you do want him to do. All they get from the word NO is that you are PO'd about something. Try to catch your pup doing something good. It's tough to do but do try to eliminate the word NO from your vocabulary. Save it for urgent situations. ... more
Thu, Jan 14 2016 7:16 PM
Oh, I praise the good behavior immediately, try to model it, etc etc. But this little one was the alpha of her litter. She is VERY used to getting her own way. Training is much more of a struggle than the previous two. On the other hand, when the bobcat walked into our house, she didn't hesitate... more
Fri, Jun 3 2016 1:56 PM
Sky is visiting his girlfriend today. Dropped him off Tuesday at my brothers place. Sky was playing well with his sister and an older aunt when we left. Spent a few days by Mile Lacs Lake visiting friends and digging up wild flowers. Las t time we visited their cabin, it was a wilderness. Now, almost a suburb. But we saw Loons, a Bald Eagle nest with momma and young and interrupted a Golden Eagle trying to steal a gosling from a group of big geese. Need to check now for freckles with legs. ... more
6.8K views 11 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, May 29 2016 4:03 PM
Hi all, been missing my friends here. We have been so busy at work and I just don't get to the computer much at home. Hope everyone is happy and well. Reading thru the thread sound like everyone is busy and gearing up for summer. I hit the big "60" last week , I am feeling it too. Trying... more
Fri, Jun 3 2016 1:45 PM
I don't know if I dare even see the puppies. I have been informed by she who must be obeyed that I really do not want another dog. And I was so sure I did, but I've been wrong so often. I have two brothers who are interested. One really wants the pick of the litter. Guy showed up at the dog... more
Fri, Jun 3 2016 1:56 PM
Doug, I hope you're feeling better! I just tried to start a June thread, but it said a Moderator had to approve it, so we'll see.
Thu, Apr 28 2016 7:24 PM
everyone seems to be on vacation so I will get us started for April. Hope someone is around.
22.3K views 12 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Apr 28 2016 1:37 PM
Wow - where did April go? I haven't stopped by here in ages. My calendar at work and at home was fairly full this month -- lots of extra commitments it seems. In fact, I'll be closing the month with a board meeting tonight and donor reception at our local shelter tomorrow night. I'm looking... more
Thu, Apr 28 2016 5:40 PM
Skys last class in obedience 2 tonight. Next week, he has his date. I think a beret with a red tie would be appropriate, with a good roll in some roadkill. Gave him a bath today-smelling funny. He has a cowlick on the top of his head. Running him on a walking trail at the dog park yesterday, and he... more
Thu, Apr 28 2016 7:24 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Ruby! I can't believe it's 5 years already! She and Ronnie would love playing together--he is loud and loves to play hard. Mozey has to correct him every now and then if he gets too rowdy. Tracy, you've described Rock's sit perfectly with the picture you painted of Tonka's... more
Thu, Jun 16 2016 10:39 AM
I'm sure some of you folks here remember the amazing Miss Dahlia. Don't worry...the amazing Miss Dahlia is s till here and still amazing and now around 10 years old (WHAT NO? NOT ALLOWED). She recently went through a bout of vestibular disease, which scared the ever living bejeezus out of us, but she has gotten back to her old self, though she's a little bit wobblier at times. She does well though, racing around the backyard and just being a normal dog. No more agility, sadly, but she... more
6 views 3 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Apr 14 2016 1:32 PM
I had some trouble posting more than the photos once I added them. Ben was adopted this past June from a local Border Collie rescue. He's likely a mix, maybe with Australian Shepherd or Spaniel. He's 40 pounds of hilarious and fast dog. And Dahlia ADORES him. They have gotten along like gangbusters... more
Fri, Apr 15 2016 12:57 PM
Hi Crysania! I remember Miss Dahlia very well -- her pretty face and shiny fur always stood out in the photos. It's good to "see" you both and hear about your new companion, Ben. I bet he'll soon be a star at agility. How great that he and Dahlia get along so well. I sympathize with... more
Thu, Jun 16 2016 10:39 AM
It's such a shame that the forum has died. And is so hard to navigate these days! I can't even view this post that I made for some reason. It just comes up with a blank page.
Fri, Apr 1 2016 4:28 PM
It snowed last night-about an inch.
38.9K views 22 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Mar 29 2016 12:18 PM
Took Sky to the ponds for a run. Wife was hunting *** willows. Got a large bouquet . Dog was trying to chase geese, who were not really worried. Dog was starting to swim when the big birds would swim in closer. Sky had a great time splashing through the weeds, then got a warm shower with soap. Swamp... more
Wed, Mar 30 2016 4:55 PM
Hope everyone had a nice Easter, for those who celebrate. Our was quiet -- quick visit with MIL, then some long-distance calls to family/friends in New England, and delicious dinner at the neighbors' house. DH did a stuffed leg of lamb on the Big Green Egg (kind of a smoker), and neighbor did fantastic... more
Fri, Apr 1 2016 4:28 PM
hi all. Haven't been on in ages but for some reason I haven't been getting notifications. And the broken wrist was rather distracting. The cast came off on Monday and what a scaley dried up swollen mess was under it. Through Wednesday the swelling was awful. The hand and the wrist are still a... more
Tue, Mar 15 2016 9:21 PM
193 views 0 replies 3 likes
Fri, Mar 4 2016 7:15 PM
Have you ever used a barrier alarm to keep a dog out of garbage. (Specifically garbage that is in an island cabinet.) What's your experience?
3K views 0 replies 1 likes
Fri, Mar 4 2016 5:51 PM
Daisy and Dallas in “St. Patrick’s Day” Hello again from those crazy Pugzus, Daisy and Dallas! Just sending over our latest video: “St. Patrick’s Day!” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-fGn4v1rDg Enjoy!
2.4K views 0 replies 0 likes
Sun, Feb 28 2016 4:01 PM
Apparently yesterday was Alaskan day at the dog park. Sky loves to play rough with the big dogs. Guy showed up with a beautiful little Alas kan pup-5 months old. Their faces are fantastic. Kid was there with a nice lab that really needed training. Kid was using a collar, but you need to train the dog first. Dog ignored the collar. Kid had to chase down the dog (great game) and carry the dog back to the truck. Comment from the group was that some people should not be allowed to have dogs. Almost gave... more
59.8K views 44 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, Feb 27 2016 8:34 PM
I posted a couple of pictures of Rock on a walk--the pix are in the Gallery as I couldn't figure out how to include them in a post.
Sun, Feb 28 2016 10:34 AM
I guess I am a little slow, but "Rock hound"...... he is a handsome fellow. Through the process of discovery learning, I found out that you can post multiple pictures in one entry. Just drag them into the provided box. Then they open like a slide show. But I can not post photos to the forum...
Sun, Feb 28 2016 4:01 PM
Rock hound--I love it! I call him Rock-A-Doodle--I'm not sure why, but he knows I'm talking about him. (He has turned into a gorgeous hound after we got the weight back on him. He's a Treeing Walker Coonhound--folks around here think he's a beagle, so I call him my beagle on steroids... more
Sat, Feb 27 2016 8:31 PM
156 views 0 replies 1 likes
Tue, Feb 23 2016 4:06 PM
Ben, a retired veteran dog sold on the black market, one of very few who has since been reunited with his handler (photo credit: NY Post) An infuriating expose recently ran in the NY Post , “Troops betrayed as Army dumps hundreds of heroic war dogs." In an intricately detailed investigation, the author, Maureen Callahan, interviewed dozens of retired and active duty military dog handlers about the gross activities by contractors in a massive scam of veteran dogs for cash. And it continues... more
3.6K views 0 replies 3 likes
Wed, Feb 3 2016 4:44 PM
Nice day. In the 20s with a gentle wind. Sky really needs to run. He keeps walking up to us and hitting us with his toys. Going to hit a swamp or WMA when the games start. Up late, specially for old folks. Got home at 1:30 AM. No drinking, but too much beef. Friends have a new BBQ and they cooked a prime rib roast. I may eat again later in the day, but just not hungry yet. All the time with friends and family comes with a down side. The little plague vectors did their worst, and I am... more
57.8K views 58 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Jan 25 2016 12:41 PM
LOL at S kys helping himself to your food and drink! Dixie has been know to do the same which is why ahe is crated if she need to leave the vehicle. Not a flake fell here from the huge s torm. Thankfully. Got some pretty stiff wends and cold temps but everything stayed on.We pick up every time... more
Mon, Jan 25 2016 4:26 PM
I can't seem to check in more than once a week, so I get behind on all the news. Hopefully things will be a bit calmer by mid-February. There's just too much going on at work this month, as well as several shelter meetings, visitors, and tasks at home. Paige, your story about the lost-and-then... more
Wed, Feb 3 2016 4:44 PM
Tracy, it helped me a lot, that day in particular. I just had PRAYED for days for the heat to break and for us to have a nice day together. That was the first breezy nice not-humid day and she had to leave her body so we couldn't go run on the beach or in the field as I'd hoped. Doing something... more
Thu, Jan 21 2016 10:28 PM
I fell in love with a Great Pyrenees I found roaming the streets. The soft white fur, brown soulful eyes and loveable disposition set my little heart a flutter. When I returned him to his owner, they said they were trying to find someone to take him. They gave me his papers and tags and assured me that he was housebroken. He marked my house only four steps in the door. He continued marking and the urine turned blood red within an hour. After treating his bladder infection with antibiotics, he... more
3.2K views 0 replies 0 likes
Wed, Jan 20 2016 4:03 PM
255 views 0 replies 0 likes