Sat, May 12 2018 10:09 PM
Just like us human folk, dogs really love to eat. Chances are anytime you are eating something, your dog will be looking at you with those irresistible eyes hoping for some of your food as well. At times it can be pretty much impossible to resist giving your dog some of whatever you are eating at the time. Some foods are perfectly safe for dogs to eat, while others can be highly toxic and deadly for your dog. Let' s take a look at 8 common foods and if they are OK for dogs to eat as... more
1.9K views 0 replies 0 likes
Wed, Mar 14 2018 8:49 AM
What has happened to this forum. It is dead. I have no idea who or what is responsible but I hope they are proud of themselves.
7.9K views 3 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Jan 15 2018 11:53 AM
Unless dog.com abandoned it or something I have no idea. Been YEARS since I was here. Under the old idog.
Sat, Mar 10 2018 12:20 PM
I am a new member. I tried to post a question yesterday, but either I did it wrong or it hasn’t been approved yet
Wed, Mar 14 2018 8:49 AM
You are about 2 years late. Apparently, most of the former members use a facebook site.
Sat, Dec 16 2017 4:41 PM
We seem to be history. I enjoyed this place while it lasted, and enjoyed getting to know some of you. Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings, Live long and prosper. Doug
8.3K views 4 replies 1 likes

Comments

Thu, Dec 14 2017 3:57 PM
It is sad that the place essentially disappeared! I post now on dogforums.com some. And of course FB!
Sat, Dec 16 2017 9:02 AM
I agree, Doug. It's been sad to see this forum go. This fall has been difficult. In late October, my big boy Rock died from complications after emergency surgery for bloat. Then, my sweet Ronnie died in early December after a battle with cancer that had spread throughout his body. On the positive... more
Sat, Dec 16 2017 4:41 PM
Sorry about the dogs. Always hurts, but like lemmings, we head back and get some more.
Fri, Nov 3 2017 11:32 AM
Hi all, I've had dogs in my life for a long time now, they've been life companions for most of my life and have brought me both jo y and sadness, but mostly joy. I've started a new dog blog where you'll find the usual advices and tips but with the difference that you can tell us about YOUR ideas and tips, share stories about your dog's life and post pictures. If you have a moment come and have a look at justapooch.com and share with us your knowledge or questions...
2.2K views 0 replies 0 likes
Tue, Sep 12 2017 5:18 PM
Pictures of my 7 year old Shih Tzu Heidi on a walk on a walk September 9th
185 views 0 replies 3 likes
Wed, Jul 12 2017 7:58 AM
To have a dog is a very nice and popular thing. Home pets bring joy and fun to your life. They make it brighter and happier. In addition, this is the most devoted creature in the world! However, there also take place some problems. One of the most difficult aspects of each dog owner is training. It is necessary to train your dog and make it obedient in order to escape different accident and troubles. There are multiple approaches on how to teach any dog commands. The experts of GradeScout... more
3.1K views 0 replies 0 likes
Thu, Jun 29 2017 2:52 PM
When it comes to buying dog beds online, I always focus on the basic info like size, shape, and meterials. However recently I've found out there are many kinds of pet beds and different sorts have its particular function. And now I sum it up and try to state those for you. Orthopedic dog beds This type is one with matress inside. It is a better choice of bed for elderly dogs. It provides extra cushioning for the feeble joints. Also the shape is roomy, which makes this kind a good choice... more
8.9K views 1 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jun 29 2017 2:52 PM
I like SleepiPet, because my old rescue dog has joint issues and needs an orthopedic bed, but she also really likes the bolster style to cuddle into, and they have beds that are more multifunctional instead of just one or the other. You can check sleepipet.com if you're in the market still.
Sat, Jun 17 2017 4:26 PM
I can't figure out how to delete my account here. Someone help?
6K views 0 replies 0 likes
Mon, May 29 2017 5:39 PM
Once again, we are the proud parents of a clutc h of purple finches. My wife hangs a wreath in our outer entry area, under the roofed area, and every year we get at least one clutch. When I picked up the paper this morning, one of the birds was standing on the edge of the nest watching me. Now, they are all gone. Ungrateful little wretches. We will clean up the wreath and see if another nest gets built. Went to the dog park today-Sky gets another bath . There is a low ground that holds water... more
18.3K views 9 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, May 17 2017 9:24 PM
About 12 miles to Skyline, which is actually a residential area incorporated as a city but contracting with Mankato for police, fire, and school . The area is actually a river bluff with one access road up the hill. Nice quiet area to live in and lots of money up there. Nobody got hurt and apparently... more
Mon, May 29 2017 3:05 PM
Glenda shared the following on Saturday and asked me to post it here: I just learned that Anne Springer died today and wanted to post to chat but can't find it. Would you please share the sad news? All I really know is that she was hospitalized with an aneurysm and taken off life support and passed... more
Mon, May 29 2017 5:39 PM
THanks so much Kate! This site isnt Glenda friendly! There will be a service sometime in June according to h er cousin. I'd very much like to be there and will share the details when I have them.
Sat, Feb 27 2016 8:30 PM
3.9K views 2 replies 1 likes

Comments

Tue, Nov 15 2016 9:10 AM
Rock congrats on your recent accomplishments
Sat, May 27 2017 8:33 PM
Kate, i just learned that Anne Springer died today and wanted to post to chat but can't find it. Would you please share tje sad nrws? All i really know is that she was hospitalized with an aneurysm and taken off lifed support and passed.
Sat, Apr 29 2017 9:23 PM
It is snowing in my yard right now. Snowed overnight on the blooming tulips. Not a pleasant day. The dog park will be all mud. On the plus side, I don't thinkI will mow the lawn today.
11.2K views 4 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, Apr 29 2017 11:10 AM
Snow?!? Oh my goodness! Are your apple trees OK? Not sure when they bloom, but I know you've had great harvests in the past. We've had a ton of rain here (though not like the storms in Arkansas and Texas!). I've been working in the garden (I call it dirt therapy :-) and have picked asparagus... more
Sat, Apr 29 2017 11:45 AM
Apples are getting ready to bloom, so they are okay. The apricot bloomed and my wife claims to have seen bees. Tulips are taking a beating from the weather and from our herd of bunnies, even with Skys' valiant attempts to catch them. Pie plant (rhubarb) is looking really good. Strawberries are running... more
Sat, Apr 29 2017 9:23 PM
gosh. Had been forevet since I have had a notification. Glad this place is still surviving! Life has been busy. My granddaughters par ents are divorcing. She told him she was in love with someone else on feb 13. March 8 sheamd the bf went to Costa Rica for a vacation. She is 10 or 11 weeks pregnant... more
Tue, Mar 7 2017 10:04 AM
Had a nice walk in the WMA down by the river. Snow is mostly gone and the ground was dry. Almost up to freezing. Sky was smiling at the chance to really use the nose and stretch out and run. Good exercise for me too. Changed to Chicken Soup for the Soul dog food. Sky seems to have more energy, which is a mixed blessing.
22.1K views 12 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Mar 6 2017 10:53 PM
Kate I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. (((Hugs))) big hugs for Mozey too. Nice to see he has given both you and your Mom some comfort
Mon, Mar 6 2017 11:33 PM
Kate -- I am SO sorry ... having been there in the last year ... it is just such a tough time. *hugs*
Tue, Mar 7 2017 10:04 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Even when expected, it hurts.
Thu, Feb 16 2017 6:50 PM
I am trying to post about my dogs seizures on the forum and I can't. It keeps talking about blocks and quotes.
14 views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Feb 16 2017 6:26 PM
Well I guess you finally managed. I have had the same problem. I tried days back - about seizures too! I just kept getting messages about quotes and that there had to be text in the dialogue box. Maybe I'll try again.
Thu, Feb 16 2017 6:50 PM
This is is the message I am getting 'Posts must have some content in the body and quote blocks must match'. I can only post on this page - not on the dedicated Health Forum page. This was my post Hello. My border collie is around 16 and a half years old. About 3 years ago she was diagnosed with... more
Tue, Feb 7 2017 12:21 PM
Good Morning all, am I surprised to be the first for a Feb thread. We let Rocky's gotcha day go by very quietly, I am sure Ron doesn't even remember what day it is. It was ground hog day in 2008 that we drove 100 miles to go check out that "Newfoundland Pup" that I fell in love with just seeing him on Pet Finder. As we all now know he was a Lab but still loved so much. I find that I miss him a lot and still think of him often. Garth is being a very good brother to Trisha... more
7.9K views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Feb 6 2017 4:09 PM
H ello hello! Ive actually thot about getting here but thats as far as I got! We had a great time the last week of J anuary . Because the 24th was the fifth anniversary of Mikes death Rob Asked if he could come down and be with us...and of course Isabella came too! Nothing like our adorable girl... more
Tue, Feb 7 2017 12:21 PM
I am sorry you guys and sounds like Doug too are having such cold temps. We set a record High yesterday and looks like today will do the same. Supposed to be 72. I guess it is the time of years for Moms, mine has also been in the hospital 2x's in 2 weeks. They finally came to the conclusion she... more
Fri, Jan 20 2017 8:07 PM
Bel ated Happy New Year everyone. Mom ended up back in the hospital on New Year's Eve day and was just released on Thursday. Seems she had accumulated more fluid in her lungs plus some pneumonia to make things extra special. She was in ICU 4 or 5 days, then moved to the regular unit. The dogs are sleeping away as I type this--Ronnie is doing some new obedience stuff (here at home--nothing fancy or formal classes or anything like that). He seems to love it, and he's pretty good at it... more
13.5K views 10 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jan 19 2017 6:42 PM
Tracy I was wondering earlier today where you were. I actually had that conversation 11years ago and she got very agitated even though she was totally out of it. When I called the n ext morning to see how she was doing she was up in a chair eating her breakfast. very lucid and almost completely... more
Fri, Jan 20 2017 7:53 PM
Glenda, I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing as well as can be expected. Being overly medicated definitely makes the dementia symptoms seem even more severe. We've noticed that, too. However, when they take her off some of the drugs, she becomes very distraught and agitated, even belligerent. So... more
Fri, Jan 20 2017 8:07 PM
Aging parents is SOOO Not for cowards! I've said that for years ... that said, it has made David and I **adamant** that we are going to make SURE this house is ready for us as we age. So our quality of life won't be diminished by things like a lack of ramps or accessibility. My Mom was SO terrified... more
Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:44 PM
We seem to be fading away. Once, we had an active vibrant community. Then we got improved. Warm weather in MN. Dog park was crowded over the weekend. Actually walked the sidewalks with Sky today. He found a bunny at the park, but called off it easily. He knows they can run faster than he can. Our house has new siding now. All the outside surfaces have been replaced now-doors, windows, roof. Only thing we have left is re routing the rain drain system . State law says it can not connect... more
13.3K views 9 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jan 19 2017 10:05 AM
In the pre-conversation "interview" with David *I* said "Love me? Love my dogs!" and David said "I don't dance!" 20 years later we are still trying hard not to change each other LOL ... it just gets a tad more difficult the more set in our ways we become. rotf laughing
Thu, Jan 19 2017 11:06 AM
January and the thermometer is going to 40F. Snow melt going down the street and heavy fog. Drops of water coming off the trees, and I don't think I want Sky running through the run off at the dog park today, He smelled funky yesterday. Probably start getting reports of cars going through the ice... more
Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:44 PM
I posted a long post in the other January thread but just wanted to say hello over here and concur that it's a bummer that we don't have as much activity on the site, but I'm glad it's not totally gone. Even though I don't post as often, I think of all of you frequently. I don't... more
Fri, Jan 6 2017 4:49 AM
Raising and caring for a dog is serious and hard work, pretty much like raising a child. If you have a good idea of the temperament and the needs of your pup, you will be better able to train and socialize him. This, in turn, will help him grow into a sociable and well-adjusted dog. The basic temperament, nature and physical characteristics of a pooch depend on the breed. Almost all breeds have strong and distinct characteristics that set them apart from each other. A dog DNA test will get you more... more
293 views 0 replies 1 likes
Sun, Jan 8 2017 2:11 PM
Wow it's been a few years I left after they changed the design of the forum. A lot has gone on think last time I was here maybe 2013 after my Daisy passed. I lost my Lucky September 28th had to put her down she was 16. Also lost KittyKitty she was in her 20s. I only have Copper left he's 14 also still have my stray carsmelly. Friday I got a puppy from a lady I didn't know until I went to see the puppy that she was only 6 weeks old the lady told me the father is half pit she doesn't... more
205 views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jan 5 2017 9:17 AM
HI!!!! You HAVE been busy!! I suspect what they are calling "puppy pyoderma" is likely demodectic mange -- if you email me at callieatcritturs@yahoo.com I will send you info on Demodex and how to deal with it.
Sun, Jan 8 2017 2:11 PM
Hi I just sent you an email :)
Sun, Jan 1 2017 8:06 AM
Starting to get cold out. Ran Sky at the WMA and the puddles had ice. Grass is still green. We are getting the house resided. The old steel has a lot of years on it and is peeling. Glad I don't have to work outside any more. Apparently my wife is getting old. Her AARP card arrived. Wife is trying a new craft-engraving rocks. Using a rotary tool and limestone blocks, she is attempting to make a welcome stone marker for my son featuring a moose. Could be neat, or i could be sleeping in... more
18.6K views 15 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sat, Dec 31 2016 7:11 PM
Happy New Year to everyone! I'm pretty sure I'll be in bed by 10, but maybe I'll make it to midnight. The dogs are already all curled up on their beds. The wind has picked up quite a bit so they aren't too excited about going outside. Mom is back in the hospital--more fluid on her lungs... more
Sat, Dec 31 2016 8:46 PM
Kate I am so sorry your Mom is back in the hospital. You have my good thots and prayers. Our only "special" is to go to a movie tonight. The idiots are all outside letting off firecrackers and poor Charlie HATES IT so much. But at this point he's more "resigned" than actively... more
Sun, Jan 1 2017 8:06 AM
H appy new year everyone! Its not easy to look back on 2016 and count blessings since it was not onw of our better years but I came up with a few...isabwlla Rose was birn, mim survived an energency appendectomy and Ryan is now a departme nt head. . Oh and i luved through several more nasty allwegic... more
Sat, Dec 17 2016 2:08 AM
Every year in the United States, there are more than 4.7 million dog related injuries, and 800,000 incidents that require medical treatment, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.chicagodogbiteinjurylawyers.com indicate that the number of serious injuries annually is rising. There are four essential socialization exercises that should be trained with your dog, to prevent dog bite injuries. We will discuss some of the situations that precipitate a dog bite, and how to encourage confidence... more
306 views 0 replies 0 likes
Fri, Dec 16 2016 3:07 PM
267 views 0 replies 0 likes
Mon, Nov 28 2016 4:24 PM
Introducing Trisha....gotcha day Sat., Nov. 26
3.6K views 1 replies 2 likes

Comments

Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:52 AM
It's hard to believe we're already into the first weekend of November! I tried to stay up for the 7th game of the World Series--too late for me, but what a game. Today's a teaching day, so I'm off to class in a bit.
23.8K views 28 replies 0 likes

Comments

Wed, Nov 30 2016 7:18 AM
how fun! and shes a beauty!
Wed, Nov 30 2016 8:24 PM
Oh my goodness--she is seriously adorable! Trisha, welcome to the iDog family!
Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:52 AM
Hi everyone. Happy belated Thanksgiving. Dr. put my hand in a "spica splint" ... I have this long fancy-named (de Quervain's tenosynovitis) -- and the HUGE joke is -- it's a "sports" injury (ME??? ummm ... NOT possible!! LOL) -- you also get it from texting and "gaming"... more
Tue, Nov 29 2016 12:34 AM
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) , approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the United States. Almost 20 percent of these bites need immediate medical attention. Unfortunately, the rate of dog bites is higher among children compared to adults. Every dog has the potential to bite. In fact, most dog bites occur when playing with familiar dogs. Dog bites often result in serious physical injuries. Most victims, however, are emotionally scarred for life,... more
776 views 0 replies 0 likes
Thu, Nov 17 2016 10:48 AM
A LOT HAS GONE ON SINCE I WAS LAST HERE..AS LEAST AS FAR AS POSTING GOES. I HAVE TRIED AND TRIED AND IT JUST WOULDN'T POST. FIRST OF ALL, WE LOST OUR GOLDEN RETRIEVER, S OPHIE, ON OCT. 12 TO HEMANGIOSARCOMA. SHE HAD A TUMOR ON HER LIVER THA WAS NOT DETECTED AND IT RUPTURED. SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN 13 COME JAN. 8. SHE WAS 11 YEARS, 5 WEEKS WHEN WE ADOPTED HER AND WE HAD HER FOR 20 MONTHS. SHE WAS THE SWEETEST THING AND WE NICKNAMED HER SWEET PEA. SHE IS SORELY MISSED I HAD BEEN HAVING A LOT... more
14K views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Nov 15 2016 8:27 PM
Sandra, I am so sorry to hear about Sophie. That she got to spend her retirement with you is surely a happy memory she took with her to the Bridge. (((hugs))) And, it sounds like you have had some major health issues lately! Have the stents helped? Will they do a similar procedure for your left leg?... more
Thu, Nov 17 2016 10:48 AM
I am so sorry you lost Sophie. She sounded like such a nice girl. BUT what you guys do for older dogs is just so wonderful!!! I MISS YOU!!! – you will never know how often I talk to people and mention Hunter. Yes, 10 years later after Billy got IMHA (and what ... way over 15 years since Hunter was... more