Wed, Oct 12 2016 10:57 PM
I know it's been quite a while but I have Tisha's & Dijon's website back up and running it is http://2poodles.org/ Tisha is now 11 years of age and Dijon is now 12 years of age. Poor old Dijon has slowed down a lot he has atherits real bad now he takes Adequan Canine & Glucosamine HCI 1500mg with MSM. Regular trips to see his doctor. He no longer likes getting in bed with me that bothers me a lot I miss that he no longer like getting on the Sophia as he has fallen off the bed... more
713 views 0 replies 0 likes
Thu, Sep 29 2016 6:23 PM
Not walking the river path at the dog park until there is a frost. Gnats go right through the deet. Thanks to several rains a week, we have mosquitos everywhere. Watched a family of tourists taking advantage of the path. They made it about 10 ft into the woods before giving up. It's really too bad as the river walk is really a pretty walk. About a mile long, through a river bottom woodland and along the river. Dog park has a low spot in one corner that the dogs have discovered. Fun to watch... more
3.8K views 28 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:31 PM
P.S. I forgot to say it was great to "see" you, Paige! P.P.S. - You and Sky look great, Doug. What a fun place for the dogs! We have a Lowe's less than a mile from our local animal shelter. I'll have to see if anyone has ever approached them about something similar in our area...
Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:57 PM
Have them put it on high ground. Our unplanned water hazard had about 2 ft of water and is currently similar to a mud wallow. Dogs love it. Owners not so much. Just raked up another wheel borrow full of windfall apples. Still lots in the tree. Wife made crab apple relish today and we have fresh applesauce... more
Thu, Sep 29 2016 6:23 PM
mom seemsxto be hanging in there pretty well. Her dementia is pretty severe too but she is aware that her memory ia like swiss cheese. But. Ahe remembera how wonderful Dixie is and always twlls me to "" take care of our little girl"! Either going to Maine next weekend or th e kids... more
Tue, Sep 27 2016 8:27 PM
For those of you who are trying to create new threads. I clicked on "New Topic" and got this. I presume you do the same. Do you get as far as "Preview Post" and "Publish" buttons on the lower right hand side? Or no buttons appear at all? What internet browser are you using? I'm on Chrome in this window. I'm wondering if this happens in a specific Forum? I created this one in Home > Kennels > iDog, obviously. ;) I'm wondering if... more
1.3K views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Sep 27 2016 9:01 AM
I just tried and it seems to be working now. (I work with Chrome here at work; Firefox at home.)
Tue, Sep 27 2016 8:27 PM
I just tried using Mozilla/Firefox and it is working now. You're welcome to delete my two "test threads." I can't do that.
Tue, Sep 27 2016 8:25 PM
567 views 0 replies 0 likes
Tue, Sep 27 2016 9:00 AM
This is a an attempt to create a new thread.
510 views 0 replies 0 likes
Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:54 PM
test adding new tread
439 views 1 replies 0 likes

Comments

Mon, Sep 26 2016 4:54 PM
I was unable to add a new thread last week therefore the test, Mods you can delete if needed.
Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:06 PM
My current dog, Dexter, is a wonderful dream of a dog. He was an older puppy/young adult rescue from a shelter where I previously lived. Dexter is 6.5 now, and a large (70lbs) boxer/cattle dog. So he's not exactly a young little dude anymore, and I certainly pray for many more years together, but statistically speaking he will live for another 4-6 years. DH is somewhat allergic to Dexter and can get hives from petting him or being licked. We manage this with frequent bathing (of the dog), medicating... more
66 views 2 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Sep 25 2016 10:11 AM
In recent years -- at least here in the South (central Florida) where I live there has been a disturbing trend. Breed rescues and "private" rescues now haunt local Animal Controls and even SPCA for any "designer dog" mixes or purebreds. They happily pay the small animal control fee... more
Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:06 PM
Well shoot Callie, we're neighbors now. Quite close in fact. I'm in central Florida too. I remember when you first adopted Tink. The rescue situation around here felt weird and you've confirmed my suspicions. God forbid I ever leave the house to work because I'm not independently wealthy... more
Tue, Sep 20 2016 3:19 PM
NOTE to Newcomers : Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge Welcoming Committee! I started this a while back, as my way of helping forum members to heal their broken hearts after a loss. All the pets (with the exception of a running horse ) are beloved pets that had a close relationship with a member on this forum. Every pet you see in these pictures represents a small hole in someone's heart.. and the hope that we may once again see our furry friends in another life. If you have experienced a loss and... more
73K views 191 replies 3 likes

Comments

Thu, May 26 2016 2:10 PM
I am so sorry (((hugs))). Sierra, your family misses you so much. I imagine you are at the Bridge and you can run free without pain, sweet one.
Sun, May 29 2016 4:21 PM
I am so very sorry , run free Sierra . Your family will have some precious memories of you in their heart forever. ((Hugs))
Tue, Sep 20 2016 3:19 PM
Here I am again, we are mourning the loss of our beautiful Hot Shot. Run free sweet boy, you are always in our hearts.
Thu, Sep 15 2016 5:52 PM
65 views 0 replies 2 likes
Sat, Sep 10 2016 10:29 AM
50 views 0 replies 0 likes
Sat, Sep 10 2016 6:59 AM
Sky's pups are finding homes. The girl and one of the males are staying in the extended family. Requested to keep Sky intact for another set of pups next year. Apparently I will be getting some real money for the stud fees. Enough to buy a big wide brimmed hat with a flamingo feather and a spark e ly band. My safety command is "sit". I 'work on it constantly . Brought him down from a dead run to full stop in about 2 steps while at the park. He is so good.. He is also a chick... more
5.6K views 36 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Sep 9 2016 7:56 PM
miserable here today too Kate. So quiet with Isabella here. Gosh I missed her before they were even out of the driveway!
Fri, Sep 9 2016 7:57 PM
That should have been withOUT Isabella!
Sat, Sep 10 2016 6:59 AM
Glenda, I bet it is quiet! Did they finish all the home cooking and baking you did? Doug, I think we'll need a September chat soon. (I still can't seem to start one.) It's supposed to be a bit cooler today--I hope so!
Thu, Sep 8 2016 4:33 PM
I'm sure people are often asking what breed they have. I generally would say since my dog (Cedar) is a rescue she is more than likely a mutt, but with the large amount of research I have done in the 8 months I had her, along with understanding her personality I have come to a consensus she is a Black Mouth Cur. Pure bread, who knows, but she definitely carries all of the traits. She is just over a year old now, 48lbs and a fun and fantastic dog. What are your thoughts based on looks?
61 views 3 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Sep 8 2016 1:33 PM
Let's try to get the photo posted after this since it didn't work on round 1
Thu, Sep 8 2016 1:44 PM
Any idea how to post a photo? Nothing seems to be working....
Thu, Sep 8 2016 4:33 PM
You have to post in the Gallery, try that.
Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:23 PM
hi I have just had to put my Jack Russell who is nearly 3 on Prozac . We are on week 5 and thank god it looks likes he is starting to settle down I am hoping to see a change in him as he is very nervous and scared of everything which resulted in him going for people and dogs It's hard when you have a dog with issues its made me quite stressed- i feel like reaching for his Prozac lol
1.3K views 3 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Aug 25 2016 9:07 PM
Dixie.. Glad to hear the Prozac is helping at least One of You ! :-) I just came across this article about "Whole Tones",, No , I havent tried it, but it may Help in your situation...and it certainly won't Hurt ! Best wishes to Both of You ! Rover Make Over www.popsugar.com/.../How... more
Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:02 PM
Long walks in the country, if possible, for both of you. Don't know where you are, but Wildlife management areas tend to be away from traffic and pretty safe to run dogs in.
Sun, Aug 28 2016 4:23 PM
JRT are normally hyper as heck, but it sounds like maybe you need to team up with a really good, positive reinforcement trainer. That way you can work on the issues and get him off the meds sooner rather than leter.
Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:57 AM
58 views 0 replies 0 likes
Tue, Aug 23 2016 1:29 PM
have you a best dog in world ?? Top 10 paying ptc sites Buy crackers online ahmedabad Clash Royale Small Army power
693 views 0 replies 0 likes
Sat, Jul 30 2016 6:46 AM
Sky is the proud father of 5 male and 1 female puppies. I don't know if I dare go see them. I have been informed that I really don't want another dog. He has been drawing comments at the park and on walks about how handsome and well behaved he is. Then he rolls in some obnoxious substance and gets a bath. The forum appears to be fading away. The other forums I engage in are more argumentative. I like the stable positiveness of this one.
3.4K views 5 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Jul 24 2016 11:25 AM
Took Sky out to the WMA this morning. Warm, but no rain falling. The WMA is set up as a prairie. It was a farmstead, but the DNR returned it with burn offs, cutting trees, and replanting prairie grasses. The prairie flowers were beautiful. A sea of waist deep yellow, purple, and white. Lots of bees humming... more
Mon, Jul 25 2016 5:13 PM
Now is your chance. We have pond goldfish that need to be rehomed. No count yet. They are small and some are still dark colored and hard to see, but our little breeding group did it again. Last time, we had several hundred that got rehomed, but wife was still working as a teacher and we had lots of kids... more
Sat, Jul 30 2016 6:46 AM
Got a bit of rain this week (1/4 inch), but we need a lot more. The tomatoes are starting the think about ripening--yeah! I hope to make some pickled beets this weekend. And, the zucchini is here! I'm going to take a precision heeling course with Ronnie and Rock that starts in August. Rock has... more
Sat, Jul 23 2016 7:37 AM
Hi folks, I kept trying to google various mixes and always seemed pulled back to these boards looking at photos... So probably time for my first post :-) From what I can tell, I think he is part Malinois but 100% mystery. He weighs about 60 pounds, loves to sniff, never barks, is incredibly smart and seems impressively loyal. He likes to guard the house. He's a beautiful pup and it was surprising that no one called looking for him. He's SO loyal, he won't even let the dog sitter take... more
4.1K views 5 replies 0 likes

Comments

Sun, Apr 19 2015 11:39 PM
Short hair German shepard mix?
Wed, Jul 6 2016 9:57 AM
Kinda hard to tell.
Sat, Jul 23 2016 7:37 AM
He definitely has german shepard face except the ears: their breed tends to have longer ears but "standing up" not slouching ears. And he has the coat of a german shepard and I understand that german shepard are very smart and have very good memories and are loyal to their owners, good police... more
Tue, Jul 12 2016 3:21 AM
I've searched old posts, honest, but I didn't see anything regarding stick vacs for picking up pet hair. Joey's tumbleweed fur on the hardwood floors that are all through my house are driving me batty. Was thinking of getting a stick vac to keep on top of it from day to day. I've looked through some reviews and get conflicting opinions so thought I would check with other dog owners. I know Pofi's mom recommends a 3M giant lint roller thing, I've heard mention of the new... more
2.2K views 7 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Jul 18 2008 6:40 AM
I have an Eureka cordless vacuum that I use on my tile floors and I love it. It is not good on rugs though. I don't get much dog hair on my tile floors but with 3 teenagers in and out with a million friends my floors get a little of everything, we get a lot of pine needles being dragged in and it... more
Fri, Jul 18 2008 11:59 AM
I have a Dyson Animal that does a super job on the carpets, but I'm not thrilled with the way it works on the wood floors. That "tumbleweed, fluffy cloud" hair just defies being sucked up by anything - it kind of jumps ahead of the vacuum. If I try to sweep it up, it just tangles in the... more
Tue, Jul 12 2016 3:21 AM
This thread may be old but I just want to share my vacuum cleaner experience. I love Hoover Vacuum Cleaner which I was able to read good reviews at http://www.vacuumtop.com/ . I've been using it for several months, and now that I'm used to it, it's very simple to use, clean, and carry.... more
Sun, Jul 10 2016 2:42 PM
Ok so my camera has decided to really not preform how I want it to, so I'm in the market for a new one. I am well aware nikon is the way to go from all the chat around here. My question is which one to get!? Budget is really not a problem but I would prefer to stay in the 5-600$ range or so. My pictures will mostly be of our pets and DH playing soccer, as well as the team of girls he coaches, a lot of action pictures! If someone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction as far as... more
2K views 5 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Jul 5 2011 10:15 PM
Cool! Thanks for the input. I stopped by Best buy today and looked at a few I like, now I just gotta decide!
Fri, Jul 8 2016 6:53 PM
This might an old thread but to help other members You might want to consider checking this site: http://www.camerarunner.com/ and http://www.cnet.com/
Sun, Jul 10 2016 2:42 PM
Or your neighborhood pawn shop. Know what you want, do some research, and know price points. Some pawn shops are really proud of their offerings.
Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:09 AM
If so, which ones? The doctor gave Sammy a supplement about 2 months ago when we told him that Sammy scratched a lot. He's not allergic to any of his food/treats, so we were thinking he had some dry skin issues. The supplement worked. I forget the name of it, but we put 1 dropperful into his food daily. His coat is pretty, but we noticed that it became brilliant and he scratched less and less. We ran out! I want another oil supplement for him. Which one do you use? Thanks! [ ]
26K views 30 replies 1 likes

Comments

Mon, Oct 9 2006 12:47 AM
Personally, I would give your 10 lb dog 100IU of the E 2x a day. I would also give the fish oil 2x a day with the E. ETA: For 10 lbs maybe you can find a fish oil capsule with 500mg to give.
Mon, Oct 9 2006 12:52 AM
Loveukaykay...Thanks for the info
Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:09 AM
Adding fish oil to your dog's diet has many benefits.I ordered Wild Omega 3 Fish Oil at http://www.happypetsnow.com/ for my 22 lb Jack Russell Terrier . We feed him a high quality dog food but I was interested I giving him fish oil as a supplement and hopefully reduce shedding. After doing lots... more
Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:01 AM
Adding fish oil to your dog's diet has many benefits.I ordered Wild Omega 3 Fish Oil at http://www.happypetsnow.com/ for my 22 lb Jack Russell Terrier . We feed him a high quality dog food but I was interested I giving him fish oil as a supplement and hopefully reduce shedding. After doing lots of research, I found this product is very high quality and great care has gone into the making of it as well as the ingredients. After about 2 months I noticed a significant reduction in shedding. My dog... more
12 views 1 replies 1 likes

Comments

Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:01 AM
www.happypetsnow.com/best-fish-oil-for-dogs
Thu, Jul 7 2016 12:56 AM
Daisy and Dallas 4 – “The Haircut” Can a “deranged Ewok” be transformed into a primped and pampered Pugzu? Find out in the latest Daisy and Dallas video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGkdgJ9eEp8 Shot with my 2 darling Pugzus and voiced over by my hilarious Irish in-laws! Thanks, Brad
4.1K views 1 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jul 7 2016 12:56 AM
www.youtube.com/watch nice video
Mon, Jun 27 2016 12:18 PM
Houston is a 4 year old cocker spaniel. We have had him for almost 3 years and over time he has become more protective of his toys. If he has a tennis ball, he never puts it down. He will whine, walk around the house, sit, and sleep with it in his mouth. He is that way with his black Kong too. If we put a cookie in the Kong he will growl. Even if Kenny my older dog walks by he will growl like he thinks Kenny is going to take it when he isn't going to. So we rarely put a cookie in his Kong. ... more
2.2K views 0 replies 0 likes
Sun, Jun 26 2016 10:31 AM
I feel much better now. Chose your hydration liquid carefully.
6.4K views 10 replies 0 likes

Comments

Tue, Jun 21 2016 3:56 PM
Yikes, June is flying by! I can't believe that the days will now start getting shorter again. Boo! Kate, I'll be interested in hearing how the pickled scapes come out. We bought some at our local farmers market last summer and DH sauteed them as a side dish, and they were pretty good. I... more
Wed, Jun 22 2016 3:33 PM
You will be welcome. May even toss in a beer or two. Bring mosquito repellent . Mac desk top just rotated in a picture of Piper and Gunther in the snow at the local WMA. I have been blessed. Skys pups should whelp next week. I've reached the point where i can see the pictures and smile at the... more
Sun, Jun 26 2016 10:31 AM
Super-dry here. Our rainfall is 4" plus behind where it should be, which I know is nothing compared to other places. But it is dry and dusty. Planted some "back up" green beans this morning and tried to get everything well watered. The ticks are out in full force, of course. The grass... more
Fri, Jun 24 2016 7:22 AM
For those of you who supported us during Shayna's near-fatal bout with IMHA, her subsequent glorious survival for two more years and then her final death from cancer, I am thrilled to be back on this forum with a new puppy! Xuxa arrived almost four weeks ago, has turned our life upside down, and is making us very very happy. Like Shayna (and Shadow before her), Xuxa is also a flat-coated retriever. We got her through a friend who runs FCR rescue here in Southern California but she is... more
11.7K views 8 replies 0 likes

Comments

Thu, Jan 14 2016 6:44 PM
You really need to tell your pup what you do want him to do. All they get from the word NO is that you are PO'd about something. Try to catch your pup doing something good. It's tough to do but do try to eliminate the word NO from your vocabulary. Save it for urgent situations. ... more
Thu, Jan 14 2016 7:16 PM
Oh, I praise the good behavior immediately, try to model it, etc etc. But this little one was the alpha of her litter. She is VERY used to getting her own way. Training is much more of a struggle than the previous two. On the other hand, when the bobcat walked into our house, she didn't hesitate... more