Mon, Nov 30 2015 7:13 PM
Sunny, warm, gentle breeze. Leaves falling, mostly gone. We have had one hard freeze and "snow", but really lousy snow. No accumulation. About 65F right now. Had Sky to the park yesterday, and he beat up a Pit Bull. A really pretty blue nose brindle and cream colored PB came up to greet us while I was petting Jr. Sky k nocked him over. PB waved his feet in the air. Apparently the owner failed to teach her dog to be mean and aggressive. Sky had already played with the PB. Grandson... more
42.9K views 56 replies 1 likes

Comments

Sun, Nov 29 2015 11:13 AM
Another week survived. I am building a bookcase for the basement, and it is coming along better than I hoped. This doesn't happen often . Usually I bleed on the project several times and toss miscuts away. I bought 3 30"x30" wall cabinets, 12" deep to use as bases. They come with well... more
Mon, Nov 30 2015 4:37 PM
November is going out like a lion-a white lion. You can just about see the house across the street. Had Sky running yesterday. He wanted to play with a deer he found. Had to chase for a long ways to get him back. Then, he almost found it again. I could see its' shadow moving through a clump of brush... more
Mon, Nov 30 2015 7:13 PM
friending here is similar to facebook. Basically you just get friends! as much as i dislike using adversive tools I'm thinking that you might just need one for your deer chasing buddy. We'd likely post your bail but you might have to sit in jail about while we collected enough. My nephew... more
Fri, Nov 6 2015 5:26 PM
To help you all stay in touch I have created a new kennel for you, if you add you chats in here you can find them more easily. You can also subscribe to digest emails.
37.1K views 21 replies 1 likes

Comments

Fri, Nov 6 2015 12:48 PM
Pretty much same as Glenda -- I'd moderated a small veg*n board (and no, I'm not veg*n) for many years and it was dying (it deserved to at that point just from lack of anyone who cared), but for me to find somewhere *I* could ask questions was awesome. When I commit to a group, I commit long... more
Fri, Nov 6 2015 4:22 PM
"Glenda, Ginger and I have - just yesterday - reaffirmed "counter-surfing" exists and is a problem no matter how old your membership is in the Old Broads Club LOL" This is exactly why I came to the Dog.com forum. Way before FB was a thing, purchased something on Dog.com for my sweet... more
Fri, Nov 6 2015 5:26 PM
I would love to start doing SS again here. I'm in and will coordinatem
Sat, Oct 31 2015 10:32 AM
It is still cold, rainy and windy here. I'm off to our pet assisted therapy class in a bit. The lawn needs mowing, but it's not going to happen this weekend. [mention:undefined] My coffee pot is acting strange today, so I may have to invest in a new one if I can't fix this one. Happy October all!
38.3K views 74 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Oct 30 2015 8:59 PM
Laughing out loud at Ronnie! Thank you both, and Ginger, sending prayers your way as well.
Fri, Oct 30 2015 9:11 PM
Wife is well. Trying to get me involved in cleaning the garden for winter. We are trying to catch the last three goldfish. The first two were easy, but now they hide. You wouldn't think a 6" goldfish could hide in a small pond, but you can not find them. They snug up to the wall behind leaves... more
Sat, Oct 31 2015 10:32 AM
i have a new reason to love the weekend. I ran a couple quick errands ALONE this morning! Not willing to leave her home alone yet. We are in a side by side duplex and our neighbor works the grave yard shift so I don't want to leave her alone would she might disturb him. She's such a good girl... more
Fri, Oct 2 2015 6:26 PM
Might be officially September, but here we are still having the dog days of August. Hello Mother Nature?? This is NOT the deep south, so kindly remove the deep south weather. Gray kitty made an appearance on the sun porch today. Walked in, hopped in my lap while I was reading, and settled in for some loving. He is NOT my cat, just to make that clear, and he does NOT live here. Shaking head. Sure wish we'd get some rain. Am actually having to water the garden. I watered early this morning... more
41.6K views 69 replies 0 likes

Comments

Fri, Oct 2 2015 10:21 AM
Hey Kate, Junk Ranch is a very large flea mkt sorta thing. A couple of ladies aka, "junkers" bought an old farm with I don't know how many acres. They have cleaned it up and the old barn and old homestead are now part of what the call "Junk Ranch" It has only started in 2014 and... more
Fri, Oct 2 2015 6:09 PM
Oh, I'm adding Junk Ranch to my "to do" list--it sounds like total fun! Lots of rain and wind today--and it's cold. I don't think this is from the hurricane--that weather arrives early in the week. Miss Mozey was on strike--no going out in the rain for her. I finally got her to... more
Fri, Oct 2 2015 6:26 PM
We've got a couple of a cappella groups we try to see every year. The groups seem to be aging out, with few new members. Sad. One local group was on TV. Their Basso Profundo makes the floor vibrate. The problem with homemade apple sauce is it is habit forming. Real flavor. Jacket weather starting... more
Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:25 AM
Sky seems to be over his problem. Back to vet probably Friday for final check, but he is happy, eager to run and play, and seemed really interested in a young female labby at the dog park today. Real gleam in his eyes. May have to have the talk with him. Took Sky into the dog shop today, and he picked out a cloth squeeky toy. He carried it to the checkout, gave it to the girl. Picked it up and carried it to the truck. Seems very proud of it, even though it appears to absorb and retain drool. ... more
58.3K views 55 replies 1 likes

Comments

Mon, Aug 31 2015 6:43 AM
Tracy, we sure do need some rain here--but not the wind, thank you! Are you getting a lot of smoke from the fires? Maureen, I do hope it's better weather in TN this year! Glenda, has the kitty decided you're its new home? It sure sounds like it knew where it was supposed to be when Theo crossed... more
Mon, Aug 31 2015 7:49 AM
Last year, we were forcing apples on anybody who stood still near our yard. Give them a bag and the pole to pick with. This year, 3 apples, no crab apples. Birds beat us to the cherries again. We do have cucumbers and some squash, good grapes (had fresh squeezes grape juice with pulp included) and tomatoes... more
Tue, Sep 1 2015 9:25 AM
Sky has a deep racking cough. He spent the night gagging, then looking for comfort. The vet said their is an upper respiratory infection making the rounds, so into the vets again. See if I can get his liver follow up, vaccination boosters, toe nail trim, and cough on one trip. Sky met a really nice... more
Thu, Aug 20 2015 9:19 AM
http://community.dog.com/f/29546/t/122708.aspx
3.6K views 0 replies 0 likes