Quick Post

Kirkland Signature Costco Organic Dry Dog Food Ingredients

Kirkland Signature Costco Organic Dry Dog Food Ingredients
  • Ok people, went to Costco today and bought their organic dry food.  I know some people wanted to see the ingredients so here they are [:D] On the back it says it's certified organic by Oregon Tilth (whatever that is)  Let's hope she eats the stuff!

• looks good to me. Im curious how much was it???
  • Hm I'll have to try this.  Jake did pretty well with the regular Kirkland food.

Edit to add:  I know the "natural flavor" is an undesireable ingredient, but is it dangerous or just sort of a wasted ingredient? 
  • I don't know about the natural chicken flavor thing,, but the food I think was $18 for a 25 lb bag.  For certified organic, that's pretty darn cheap, gotta love costco!
  • Do you know if the chicken meal is also organic? 
  • I sure don't but it's certified organic overall, so I guess that's a good thing
  • ORIGINAL: dax702

I don't know about the natural chicken flavor thing,, but the food I think was $18 for a 25 lb bag.  For certified organic, that's pretty darn cheap, gotta love costco!

wow that is cheap!! I paying $30 for CS for a 35 pound bag but its not organic. I might have to try it.

Raji has a sensitive tummy I wonder how she'd do on it?
  • The chicken meal is not organic. Processed products that contain at least 70 percent organic ingredients can use the phrase "made with organic ingredients" and list up to three of the organic ingredients or food groups on the principal display panel. A food labeled "organic" must be 95% organic and "100% organic" must be 100% organic excluding water.http://www.ams.usda.gov/NOP/FactSheets/LabelingE.html

It's still an good deal for a food with 70% or more organic ingredients.
  • Sooner, thanks for that post, very informative! I didn't know there were different tiers of organic, The non-organic costco food was fine so I'm guessing this one should be just as good, or better since it has some organic ingredients..
  • I have been using the Kirkland Lamb And Rice starting 3 months after I adopted my Pooch.  He is healthy, happy, filled with energy, regular and really cute. [sm=biggrin.gif]

$18 fo 40lbs.  I have to re-package it in plastig zip lock bags so it doesn't spoil.
  • ORIGINAL: alw

$18 fo 40lbs.  I have to re-package it in plastig zip lock bags so it doesn't spoil.

I don't think it will spoil any time soon it it's kept in its original bag.  I bought one of those huge food storage things with an attached snap lid and wheels and I just slide the whole dog food bag down inside it. It works great and it's so much easier to just roll it out of the pantry, scoop some food and roll it back in again. [:)]

Joyce
  • I bought one of those 5 gallon looking buckets with a screw on lid.  It holds a bit more than half the bag.

In Florida things get soggy fast and I don't want my boy having less of a crunchy good meal. [:)]
  • [sm=wink2.gif] Looks good to me.  That is an AMAZING price btw---I may consider it for Falon since she eats about 4 cups a day [:o] lol