Posted : 1/15/2009 1:53:49 PM
oh i had to click on this!! LOL and i totally agree with the 'goretex' comment. Wool is great but sometimes i need a super techy fabric that keeps me dry & toasty.
oh man lets see........
1. i ask my neighbors for their leaves & other yard waste they'd rather burn to dispose of. even after saying 'you could make a really great compost pile with that!'
2. i get excited about adding 'layers' to my compost pile
3. i get excited about manure - because of my compost pile.
4. i'm doing a no-till 'lasagna' garden this year - beacuse i like how weeds are controlled ( NO SPRAYS), and no running the polluting rototiller!
5.i give my dad the stink eye when he's spraying his property with 'weed killer' & edging over to my property line.......then giving him a lecture about how i have 'animals' and if they eat that it's bad. DONT SPRAY on my property!! ARGH!
6. I ride my bike almost everywhere, i've even hauled manure on it!! LOL
7.in the summer time if i have to go further than 6 miles i take the whizzer, it gets 123mpg!
8.i get really mad when the city removes a tree just for the sake of not being able to see the drugstore sign!! WTF!?!
9.i get really excited when i go to a local coffee shop & they have compostable cups!! so rad!
10, i have a porcelain coffee cup that looks just like those white paper ones, complete with silicon lid.
11. i sew animal feed bags into other RAD things!!
12. i make my own cleaners. prefer not to use toxic store bought stuff. one time i even made my own laundry detergent.
i think thtas it. i occasionally wear a tye dye too. lol.