Quick Post

Mom is doing great. *warning, semi-graphic photo*

Mom is doing great. *warning, semi-graphic photo*
  • Mom is already doing better than she was before she had the brain tumor removed. Her balance is better, she's in no pain (she doesn't even need a tylenol!) she's all together happier. Itshows in her voice when we're on the phone. Thanks to all of you for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers, we're definitely blessed. Here's some pics.

The wound is clean, closed, and healing great. The nurse who said she'd have to have a piece of skull replaced was WRONG, the doctors never took it out. We're so happy no more procedures. This whole experience has really taught my family to look for something good even when things seem all negative, that life is going to give you what it gives you, and to love each other like crazy =)

• This is wonderful!  So happy for you, your family and your mom!

Love the bow!

• Great news!!!!

•  So happy to hear this!!!!!

• Woooo hoooo!

•  Awesome!! glad to hear she's doing well!

•  

Your Mom is clearly my kind of woman !!!!  So happy she's doing so well !!!

Deb W.

• Beejou
    This whole experience has really taught my family to look for something good even when things seem all negative, that life is going to give you what it gives you, and to love each other like crazy =)

I agree and learned the same lesson. :)  

Her incision looks great.  Charles' is looking great and his is about twice the length of your mom's.  She looks wonderful and I love the pic with the big pink ribbon.  No wonder you love her so much. 

• Wow, she looks fantastic!!  I agree with Jackie & Deb.  I love her attitude that just seems to jump from the pictures.  I'm so glad that she's doing so well.

PS: I had to tell you that I'm tearing up with joy at your news.  Thank you so much for updating us.

•  

Thanks so much, everyone <3 Mom is probably the most loving woman I've ever met. Once she stopped in Lousiana because there was a man selling 7 sick beagle pups. She knew he had bad plans for the worn out momma, and paid him for ALL of the pups and the mother. At that point in time her parents had a farm and yes, they kept all of the dogs till ripe old age and they passed peacefully, and are buried on that land. She rescued a dog with distemper and nursed her back to health, she got me T-Bone for my birthday, she helped me spring Roscoe from the HSPCA and get him back to WA, she drove across the state of TX and back to save a little mutt on doggie death row. That's just a tiny bit of good she's done in the world. She routinely leaves food and water for hungry stray dogs in bad parts of town. She's just as kind to human beings.

Jackie, I'm still praying for your husband and praising the Lord for the miracles he's worked in both cases.

• Good to hear the news!  I'm so happy for both you and your mom!

Beejou
    Jackie, I'm still praying for your husband and praising the Lord for the miracles he's worked in both cases.
    Ditto.
  • Beejou

It is amazing.  The two of them are both living, breathing, smilin' miracles. :)   Praying for continued recovery for your mom.

•  That's great news.  She looks terrific.

• We humans -- there is something about a brush with death ... it really can make us focus on what's important!!  I'm SO glad for y ou all!!

• All that bandage for that one incision that won't even be visible in a few weeks as the hair grows out? Goodness. Well, excellent that your mom is alright.

Now, I'm reminded of that song by Cheap Trick called "Surrender."

"Your mommy's alright / your daddy's alright, they both seem a little weird. Surrender, surrender, but don't give yourself away ..."

But I digress. Now ya'll should go out and do something funny. Go out and sing karoake and I dare you to sing that song.