May Day

iDog

A kennel specifically for long term members to chat
[$provider]
    • Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

May Day

Once again, we are the proud parents of a clutch of purple finches. My wife hangs a wreath in our outer entry area, under the roofed area, and every year we get at least one clutch. When I picked up the paper this morning, one of the birds was standing on the edge of the nest watching me. Now, they are all gone. Ungrateful little wretches. We will clean up the wreath and see if another nest gets built.

Went to the dog park today-Sky gets another bath . There is a low ground that holds water a while. Dirty, stinky, slimy water. The dogs are worse than a toddler in a puddle. Sometimes, if you are really lucky, they lie down in it. You can hear the owners scream from a long ways. It would be nice if a dip in the river cleaned them, but the last time Sky went into the river, he had a brown high water mark.

Apples are blooming. Should be a good year, and the dandelions are doing really well.

Wife is taking violin lessons. She practices while I take Sky for a run. Hard instrument to learn, but she is making identifiable sounds.

Trash pickup day tomorrow. Stack it by the street and it disappears. Lots of scavengers(yes, I am one) as stuff gets exchanged. Metals get picked up fast for recycling. Sometimes you wonder why people take some things, but one persons junk.

• Gold Top Dog

Guess Mother Nature ignored the memo about it no longer being April cuz its still raining and Im still not seeing many flowers. Tired of the mud and standing water.

Going to need an MRI on my knee. Doc is thinking torn ligament or miniskus. Great.. Poor Dixie is still feeling guilty!

Envying your nest Doug!

• Gold Top Dog

Hi -- first time I've been able to log in ... in ages.  Every time I tried I'd get a warning message that it was an unsafe website/connection.

Glad to say Hi to all

• Gold Top Dog

Typed a post this morning, but it looks like it didn't make it. We finally have some sun here--not quite sure what to do, except I know I'll have to mow! Supposed to be close to 90 in Providence by Thursday--it seems we've gone right to summer heat. (Watch we'll get some snow next week!) I got my tomato seedlings transplanted to their individual pots--they'll stay in those until it's time to plant out. Put in some new rhubarb plants and they are doing well--I love rhubarb pie! Fingers crossed we didn't get too much rain for the blueberries, etc.

I hope everyone is well/on the mend.

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

Hot, windy, wet, loud, now it's nice, except for the tornado warnings.  Sat down at the park with my back into a nice breeze.  A minute later, it was in my face..

Daughter and family just adopted a little terrier/ tzu cross.  As daughter, family and my wife are taking a trip west, I may wind up baby sitting.

• Gold Top Dog

LOrdie! Winter to summer again this year. Beautiful today...around 70. Sunny with a gentle breeze. Tomorrow hot and humid...mid 80's. Thursday 90! Blech!!

Knock on wood....I think the leg is finally healing!!! Way less pain and far more flexibility.

My granddaughter was a year old yesterday!! Wow that year flew. Her mother is expecting another one in November...by someone other than her daddy. The divorce should be final in June. Sigh.

• Gold Top Dog

Hi all, hope everyone is safe from the storms last night.  Doug, how close was the one up your way.  My friend lives in Nelson but spends a lot of time in OClair  the new said one went thru there yesterday.    We have a lot of wind today but finger crossed we will miss anything bad.  

We have had tons of rain this month and floods .  We have had a chance to dry out just a bit so maybe there wont be any flooding. either.  

Kate sounds like you are ready to go with growing season, I am only doing a few tomatos, a sweet yellow pepper, and some herbs.

Gotta get to work, Hi Callie Hi Glenda , I have missed all of you!!!

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

About 12 miles to Skyline, which is actually a residential area incorporated as a city but contracting with Mankato for police, fire, and school . The area is actually a river bluff with one access road up the hill. Nice quiet area to live in and lots of money up there. Nobody got hurt and apparently no damage.

We got some rain. Intermittent and occasionally heavy, but not really too bad.

I get daughters new dog for about a week. The dog will be mine when they come to pick it up. Need to find my long line so I can take her along to the park, at least until I get her to come reliably. Some of the park fencing has field fencing and a small dog can go through. Also need to tighten up the back yard. Sky doesn't want to escape, but a little dog can get out in a couple of places.

I replaced my 1997 F150. It was using oil faster than I liked. Got a big red F150 crew cab. Think red school bus. Sky gets the back seat area usually, which lets him look out the windows or sleep as he chooses. Fun to drive. Wife picked it out. She liked the 4 doors, as now the grandkids can ride in it.

• Gold Top Dog

Glenda shared the following on Saturday and asked me to post it here:

I just learned that Anne Springer died today and wanted to post to chat but can't find it. Would you please share the sad news? All I really know is that she was hospitalized with an aneurysm and taken off life support and passed.

From Kate: I tried to find her obituary to include with the post, but I don't think it's available yet. Rest in peace Anne--I know so many of our pups (and humans!) benefited from your wisdom.

• Gold Top Dog

THanks so much Kate! This site isnt Glenda friendly! There will be a service sometime in June according to her cousin. I'd very much like to be there and will share the details when I have them.