New iDog Kennel

iDog

A kennel specifically for long term members to chat
    • Gold Top Dog

New iDog Kennel

To help you all stay in touch I have created a new kennel for you, if you add you chats in here you can find them more easily. You can also subscribe to digest emails.

• Gold Top Dog

I have no idea how to twitter....will it just work from here?

• Gold Top Dog

Consider this your own area with your own forum

• Moderators
    • Gold Top Dog

I really love this! Even though I was not a part of the forum in its idog days, I really believe that this is the prefect place to talk about the best days of the idog forum and letting us (baddog, michele, myself) how we can build excitement! :)

• Gold Top Dog

Any one in NY area?  I see there is a 6mth old BMD that is in need of a good home no cats.  The info is that the owner is very ill and wont be able to care for her.  

• Gold Top Dog

Gosh darn it Ginger!!!  Must you???  I'm in Western Ma, just a few miles from one NY state line.  Heavens!  Save me from myself.  Oh phew!  I've got cats.  Saved!

Idog wasn't perfect.  When I first joined there were "dog fights" all over the place.  Under the dog.com people stricter rules were put in place so the wars were less vile....altho you needed a hard hat and a sword to step into the training threads what with the old school followers and the positive reinforcement camp.

That said.......what meant the most to me was the sense of community here.  The people on this forum weren't just strangers on the internet.  We became friends and family.  We supported one another, cheered each other on, prayed for one another and the loved ones of one another.  We didn't always agree, but we disagreed without rancor.

How do we get that back?  Heck if I know.  Altho....maybe you could offer former idoggers a % off coupon from dog.com to come back to the forum?

Oh, and make it easier to post from any devise.  My smart phone and laptop are out and I'm getting too old for multiple trips upstairs to my desktop.....

• Gold Top Dog

"Gosh darn it Ginger!!!  Must you???"   LOL!   She is the exact age that I would love to have but I don't think now is a good time to take on another large breed pup....I think Hot Shot would agree.   He is being so patient but 2  pups in the house would drive him nuts

• Gold Top Dog

Theo has been an "only" for about a year and a half now and I'm not at all sure he would appreciate an intruder!  Plus, the cats have finally figured out that Theo isn't going to eat them........

I really would love to have another dog, but, as it is, it's just a quiet and peaceful co-existent relationship between human and animals in the house.  I kind of hate to rock the boat.......

• Gold Top Dog

Yes, Hot was very sad when Rocky passed.  He had finally just gotten used to him and Dad hangin out together during the day then.....puppy turned his world upside down.   I even let him go out the other door/at a different time so he can have his morning walkabout in peace.  

At least I didn't show you a picture of that pretty girl. :)

• Gold Top Dog

Dang you Ginger!  You know me all too well.  Now I have to see the picture.

• Gold Top Dog
    • Gold Top Dog

hey all....this is a nice space they made for us oldies but goodies. Lets chat here.

• Gold Top Dog

I would love for us to continue to improve this site, there are still so many issues to address including the mobile experience. But it's out of our hands.

• Gold Top Dog

i am now able to post from my phone as long as I use cte. It is frustrating when I forget tho.

Weso need to increase our numbers thoughl!!!

• Gold Top Dog

how do you think we can increase membership of the site?